Sidewinder
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

What is your opinion/comments on this?
    eadEye

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

Well I'm going to be in the minority here but the safety was put on for a reason.Is it the perfect set up?Who know's but it does work but you have to remember it's on if your useing it.I personally do not use it but my son does which has caused me a click when changing Rifles with him on a target but who's fault was that?

Mine................

Take care..........Jayco
    Howdy Boys.

Super Moderator
    Somewhere in South Carolina again! Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

It has posed no problem at all................we really didn't need them though............................................ .....................................Marko

Their are only two kinds of people, those who own a 444 and those who wish they owned one, and yes folks, denial is bliss!

Not much has really changed in the world in 2000 years, Christians are still being thrown to the Lions! and Satan's tool of Deception is still working like a charm, from the time of Adam and Eve, to today!

Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member # 379 Team 1894
    Member # 1053 Team 30-30
    Member # 338 Team 39

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Nanook 450

Cross Bolt Safety

As a child, I learned my Dad's 30-30 Marlin, without the cross bolt - as a Man, I just don't need a redundant safety.

Pop
    Banned
    Cheyenne, Wyoming -- Team .444 Charter Member #98
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

I like it!

Banned
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

The addition of the cross bolt to shooting the rifle is no different than changing from a three speed to a four speed. Just use it and it becomes second nature. When at the range I will always flip it on when reloading so that it becomes second nature to flip it off when it's time to shoot. Besides it makes it a bunch safer to carry the 1895 on full cock with a full cylinder.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

It hasn't cost me a shot at game. I dropped the hammer on the cross bolt safety one day shooting at the range. I don't remember just how I accidently engaged the safety.

Anyway, my 450 now wears an "o" ring, and the cross bolt safety no longer accidently engages.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

I can't express how much I hate the crossbolt safety, warnings, rebounging hammers and tang safetys. They were totaly unneeded for over 100 years and I don't need them now.
    rossbolt safetys, tang safetys and rebounding hammers are the perfect solution to a nonexistant problem.

Wrangler
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

Like I tell my wife when she get a new doo. I have no opinion on that. I don't use it. It's always off. I also found that instead of removal or machining, you can just put it in the off position and install a small C-clip. If that's too ugly for you, a less positive solution is a rubber o-ring. Fits the little groove on the O.D., and keeps you from causually pushing it in.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Cross Bolt Safety

Most guns have some some defects. Marlin let some idiot program their computers so that an unneeded hole shows up in the receiver. Rather than reprogram the computer they then just put a metal plug through it. How dumb is that? To top it off the guy who assembles that part doesn't even tighten the screw adequately. It's kind of like dumb and dumber and even dumber - where does it end? (I'm sure someone will design something to top these examples.)

And you still wonder how I voted?
    45-70, 350 NorthFork 45-70, 350 Speer 30 WCF, 170 Core-Lokt

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links