bills uh, bells

Thread: bills uh, bells

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

bills uh, bells

Hello Riflemen: Elk season starts tomorrow and I may just let it pass on without me. In a few hours I am going up the mountain and spend the day trying to locate a couple of small herds I generally know about. so far I have been unsuccessful and with the weather the way it is I just can't afford the camels for the pack in. the horses would never make it through the heat and lack of H3O. I have two canyons on my mind, both of them downhill one way only :cry: , and if things are not encouraging then I'll make a couple phone calls and put my cow bells on. I'll be moving my buck hunting east to where range cattle roam with their bells on. In a way I enjoy this type of hunting as it takes the pressure of stealth or ambush off. You just take a kind of step, step, stop, step, step, step, stop, chew your cud, step, walk through the woods tour. the main requirement is keeping from open view. It seems to take one of the senses used for protection away from the deer. they still have their nose and sight which is much.
    Ofr interest I just read the F&G report for this elk unit and we have a whopping 25 bull per 100 elk population right now. It was no misprint but I didn't even know that was possible. It's the only reason right now I'm going to give the elk scout trip one more shot. I do really want a big bragging bull which I really don't have yet. though I have certainly had my opportunities bow hunting something always got in my way (me) when the big boy came in. but elks is elks and they are exciting to tag.
    so anyway I have my cowbell all shined up and tuned. I may just wear it down the canyons looking for elk as they are used to these bells as well. Dry sticks, no problem, just do as the elk and deer do, step on them and make all the noise you want. good Day, BestLever
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

Member #

bills uh, bells

Ya havn't given up on Bestlever Mt's Bear, have ya?? I'll never sleep if we don't hear the end of that story.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

bills uh, bells

Good luck on the scouting trip, better luck actually getting one, and what about the bear
    Coyote Hunter - NRA Life, Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!
    Team 375 Member #77
    Team 30-30 Member #1186
    Team 45-70 Member #1513

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #

bills uh, bells

"Beastlever"-I here what your saying.In my case I don't know how long I can keep doing this Kids Stuff.

Is it worth It?...........

Times have changed and we counted more Washington Hunters than Idaho in our area with five Oregonians.

May have to move to Oregon and eat Salmon and Stealhead and save money instead of spend it. :lol:

Good luck to you on anything your huntin......

Old crippled up........Jayco.
    Howdy Boys.

Member #

bills uh, bells

Quote Originally Posted by jaycocreek
    "Beastlever"-I here what your saying.In my case I don't know how long I can keep doing this Kids Stuff.

Is it worth It?...........

Times have changed and we counted more Washington Hunters than Idaho in our area with five Oregonians.

May have to move to Oregon and eat Salmon and Stealhead and save money instead of spend it. :lol:

Good luck to you on anything your huntin......

Old crippled up........Jayco.
    Re: Washington Hunters in Idaho.................Someone has to show you guys how to use all that equipment :P

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links