UPS 2014 Rate Changes

Member #

UPS 2014 Rate Changes

Aaaah Yes, that time of year again. I have a UPS, FED EX and USPS accounts and today I received notice of Rate Changes, or Hikes if you prefer, to the UPS Shipping Charges. It also includes a pages for all sorts of changes that y'all might want to consider as you plan to ship your sellable items in 2014.

These rates, in case you are not aware include things like :
    DAILY,
    STANDARD LIST,
    RETAIL,
    ALASKA/HAWAII,
    UPS HUNDREDWEIGHT SERVICE,
    2014 SURCHARGES AND ACCESSORIALS,
    DELIVERY AREA SURCHARGE,
    EXTENDED AREA SURCHARGES.

Look the hot link over carefully or you might find that $25.00 shipping fee you just collected is going to cost $50.00.

This is FYI only and not intended to start a Bashing Thread....

UPS Rates: 2014 Rate Change Information

Tinhorn
    Member #
    +1 Kid. UPS rates have been too high for several years now. The base rates mean nothing because they add surcharges for fuel, location, and residential deliveries for guys like you and me. If you are a big shipper the prices are much lower. I'm thinking UPS realizes that there is no profit in going everywhere and serving everyone, something the USPS has learned but has to serve the market. I never complain about postal rates. I'm very pleased that our little post office didn't get closed this year, just got the operating hours cut by more than half. We'd be sunk without them living up here in the sticks like we do.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    UPS and FedEx have been using the USPS to deliver some of their packages for a while now. Probably one reason for price hikes.
    Marlins in 44-40. Whacking varmits since 1888

Team 44-40
    Team 1894

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    We also had our Post Office hours reduced here. We are also really glad it didn't close. Changing all the mailing addresses on everything would have been a real chore.

Also had a UPS shipment from Midway that had final delivery by the USPS. Thing is, they delivered it to Pinehurst (two miles down the road) instead of Kingston, and in the process, drove right by my place and the Kingston Post Office. It took an additional 3 days to get from Pinehurst to kingston, as all US Mail is routed through Spokane, Washington. To say I was not happy is an understement. I also let Midway know how unhappy I was--for all the good it did.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 44-40 Willy View Post
    UPS and FedEx have been using the USPS to deliver some of their packages for a while now. Probably one reason for price hikes.
    Actually I asked UPS about the deal with the post office and they told me it was cheaper for them to partner with the post office. I won't ship UPS anymore, I sent a scope back to MidwayUSA which weighed 1lb 2oz and Midway is under 500 miles from me, just standard shipping with no extra insurance and it came to $19.20. If they wouldn't have had the labels and everything on the box already I would have walked out. Since then I have found out the post office will ship a priority mail package weighing up to seventy pounds with I think it's $50 insurance furnished for around $12.00
    .Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links