Trade Or No Trade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sidewinder
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

I have a Marlin .444 with the 18 1/2 ported barrel. I think I would like one of the new xlr rifles in .444. Are the new xlr rifles any better than what I have. Should I stay with what I have or trade.

Member #

Trade Or No Trade

Clearly, you need both of them.....The .444P will be much better in northern Calif and the XLR much better in more southern areas.....

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

Hi Ken-It would be better to give ME the short barreled 444 and then take that warm fuzzy feeling you will get from that kind deed with you when you buy the xlr. You'll be certain that you deserve it that way. any time I can help, Life is good, BestLever......................................... ...............Now, in truth you have a problem. I would try very hard to keep the carbine and buy a xlr to add to your collection of Marlins BL
    Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." Life is good, BestLever

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

I predict you will regret getting rid of the 444P.

Corbi

Member #

Trade Or No Trade

I think you need them both. Nothin' wrong with either. I have the 444P (olstaydown) and love it. Good handling in the brush, a real quick pointer. Ports? What ports? I don't hear nuthin'
    I 'spect it will go this opener over the 22 inch barrel 1895.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

Trade.
    Coyote Hunter - NRA Life, Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!
    Team 375 Member #77
    Team 30-30 Member #1186
    Team 45-70 Member #1513

Sidewinder
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

I have had the 444P for several years. It has taken 3 pigs and a bear.
    I don't have any more room in my gun safe so if I get the xlr I will have to sell the 444P. The only reason I would get the xlr is to extend my range. I am not dis-satisfied with the 444P, I just thought the xlr would have some advantages. I guess I will have to think about it for a while.

BestLever Nice Try

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

Why would you consider sending it to BestLever when you could send it to me? You would feel better knowing that I would take good care of it. BestLever might use it for a fishing pole. Something to think about. :shock: reflex264

Team 444 member 57
    Team LTD-V member 1
    Team 45-70 member 42
    Team .450 member 5\
    Team .375 member 62

Deadeye
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

you need to get rid of that 444P asap. I have two already, Im trying to confiscate them and protect others from their evil. Participate in my "GET THE 444P'S OUT THE WOODS BUYBACK PROGRAM" now!

seriously, 444XLR is a fine gun and if that floats your boat then grab one. If you have to eat beans and rice for 3 months, it will be worth it.
    Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.
    Life NRA
    Team 444 Member# 184

Sidewinder
    Member #

Trade Or No Trade

I had a couple of the 1895GS's...1 ported...1 not...and both were fine rifles...but...IMHO...the new XLR's are much better balanced..and the forearm is slimmer...and they shoot just as good if not even better than the Guide guns...I will have a new 444 by this time next year...and it will be a longer barrel one for sure..I say send it to me 4-sure...I kinda miss those cute short barrels some :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously...go for the XLR...you won't regret it(much).so I say........Trade

Mac
    006 Wold Champion St.Louis Cardinals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links