No ammo in Dick's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: No ammo in Dick's

Gun Wizard
    Member #

No ammo in Dick's

Saw a post on here about some 35 ammo at Dicks Sporting Goods so as soon as they openned this morning I was on the phone. Guy say's they have no 35 and haven't had any in 8 months. However he did say that the word is that Remington just announced the completion of a large batch and they and Gander Mountain were expecting some soon. I was on the phone with a Remington rep 2 days ago and she said they were having problems keeping up with demand and were making it as fast as they can. I would think these companies would know what the demand was at this time of the year ever year.
    Ret_Eng, Golphin and Boobarzo like this.

My heroes’ have always been cowboy’s

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I agree with you they should know what they need from the year before or at least somewhere close. As far as the girl saying they are having problems keeping up with demand I think that is her go to answer. I have not seen anything that makes me think anyone has been making any 35 Remington recently. I have plenty but the last I saw online was a few months ago and I have not seen any in the stores in the last year that I can remember.
    Boobarzo and Desparodo like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    My neighbor down the dirt road from me works for Ellett Brothers, the big office over in Chapin, and he told me 35 Rem is hard to get from any manufacturer and what little they do get goes fast when they get it ... which my few LGSs support because they've all been trying to get more for me since August. I thought perhaps I could score some locally and spread the wealth on the MO but, so far at least, I've struck-out.

I wouldn't buy from Dicks even if they had 35 Rem. Not given the stunt they pulled after Sandy Hook.
    Stalker, Boobarzo, mrguvna and 3 others like this.
    "What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become."
    "In a nation where anything goes ... everything eventually will."

Team 30-30 ~ #559
    Team 35 Rem ~ #35
    Marlin League ~ #88
    Moon Tree Marlin Owners
    Team 39A ~ (1965 Golden 39-A)
    Team Marlin Express ~ #68 (338MX)
    Team 1894 ~ #173 (1894P & 1894CB LTD)
    Team Semi-Autos ~ #3 - Team Wheelguns ~ #7
    Guide Gun & Outfitters Association
    Proud Member of the GOA

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's. Their CEO is a PIG and hates hunters. They will never get any of the little money I have to spend.

If I were a vindictive gun owner, I would wish Dick's would go bankrupt. Hmm.........

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's. Their CEO is a PIG and hates hunters. They will never get any of the little money I have to spend.

If I were a vindictive gun owner, I would wish Dick's would go bankrupt. Hmm.........

Mike T.
    I totally agree with you.Also ,from my experience.Their counter help are not knowledgeable about anything.And Dick's prices are higher than most.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Yeah--I hate Dicks too. I had to grit my teeth when buying Win Super-X 170 grain 30-30 from them about a year ago. I couldn't find any locally or online. Now I reload so Dick's can rot for all I care.
    miket156, Golphin and Desparodo like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post

Mike T.
    I must be a vindictive gun owner then, because that's exactly what I hope happens to Dick's.

Matter of fact, here's the rest of the story.

Their post-Sandy Hook decision so adversely affected their company and their bottom line, that they showed a 2.5-3% drop in sales from their previous year at the same time, and their numbers have continued to decline since. So-much-so that they scrambled to buy naming rights to "Field & Stream" so they could open an off-shoot store of Dick's up in the Pennsylvania/Ohio/Michigan region, (for starters), which does, in fact, sell modern sporting rifles. They are called Field & Stream stores and they don't want anyone to know they are owned by Dick's after Dick's made such a huge deal about ARs after Sandy Hook and put all those people out of jobs who they had contracted with the buy their ARs ... what was the name of that Company? Started with a T. Was it Troy Rifles that they caused to go bankrupt by reneging on their contract?

My Son and I, both avid golfers, have vowed to keep spreading the word about Dick's and about their off-shoot chain of golf stores as well, "Golf Galaxy." We used to buy a lot of ammo, clothes, golf equipment, etc., from Dick's, but we will no more as long as their current CEO is in charge.

Dick's is based outta Pittsburgh, and they definitely have some far leftist progressive views about our country and our Constitution and how things should work. They have a long history of negatively affecting sub-contractors who they agree to do business with, not only suppliers and vendors but those involved in building their stores, etc.

They are not an ethical company to do business with IMHO.
    "What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become."
    "In a nation where anything goes ... everything eventually will."

Team 30-30 ~ #559
    Team 35 Rem ~ #35
    Marlin League ~ #88
    Moon Tree Marlin Owners
    Team 39A ~ (1965 Golden 39-A)
    Team Marlin Express ~ #68 (338MX)
    Team 1894 ~ #173 (1894P & 1894CB LTD)
    Team Semi-Autos ~ #3 - Team Wheelguns ~ #7
    Guide Gun & Outfitters Association
    Proud Member of the GOA

Contributing Member
    Member #
    We have one close to my house but I will travel across the water to Bass Pro before going in Dick's.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Golphin likes this.

My heroes’ have always been cowboy’s

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I bought my 308MX from Dick's before Sandy Hook and got a great deal on it. I liked the hunting section store associates that worked at that store back then--they knew their stuff. Now everything has changed--the last time I went there--the competent hunting assocates had left. I have followed their lead.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links