prepping efforts paying off now
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: prepping efforts paying off now



  1. #1
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NE TN + SW FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Member #
    61381
    Thanked
    6216 times

    prepping efforts paying off now

    I took a trip into the city yesterday evening to go to the Walmart super center. It was quite an amazing sight. It was as busy as on a Saturday afternoon, super crowded and people filling carts with all sorts on non perishables. the paper goods aisle was completely empty, paper towel, toilet paper, baby wipes all gone, the bottled water aisle also completely empty, The cleaning products that kill germs also all gone, the soup section was not completely empty put pretty well picked through. It was just like what happens when a hurricane is about to hit in Florida only this is in a fairly rural area of East Tennessee.
    Made me think of the National Geographic preppers show and how the people who have a years supply of this stuff are way ahead of the rest of us.

  2. #2
    Platinum Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Deep State of Louisiana!
    Posts
    28,032
    Member #
    65883
    Thanked
    125594 times
    Media testing itself for idiots! It's working big time!

    ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

  3. #3
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NE TN + SW FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Member #
    61381
    Thanked
    6216 times
    well I figure the trucks are on the way with more stuff cuz no self respecting capitalist would miss out on supplying a buying frenzy. I just wished I owned a toilet paper factory right about now.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Distinguished Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Posts
    7,820
    Member #
    11754
    Thanked
    29871 times
    never let a good "crisis" go to waste. the slimy lying vermin swamp trash couldn't get Trump any other way so they are taking this opportunity to cram what may be another hoax down our throats! I am suspicious of the whole thing, I put nothing past these bottom feeding swamp slimes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    alawrence, Drm50, navajo and 22 others like this.
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !


    everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth,,mike Tyson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  6. #5
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SE Ohio
    Posts
    12,496
    Member #
    64449
    Thanked
    44707 times
    Ditto, this is being blown out of preportion by media. 75% of people that get virus will recover like normal from other flu we have had in past. Dems are in this with both feet, the best shot they have at Trump. This is another hoax. I would guess 90days for turn around. Economically After this scare how long are people going to stay home? I would say about Monday the scare will start to wear off.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

  7. #6
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Old North State
    Posts
    13,667
    Member #
    53793
    Thanked
    33559 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OLSKOOL View Post
    never let a good "crisis" go to waste. the slimy lying vermin swamp trash couldn't get Trump any other way so they are taking this opportunity to cram what may be another hoax down our throats! I am suspicious of the whole thing, I put nothing past these bottom feeding swamp slimes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    exactly, agreed.
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

    God, Guns, and Guts Made America Free.

    At Any Cost Keep All Three !

  8. #7
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,387
    Member #
    122754
    Thanked
    8154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Ditto, this is being blown out of preportion by media. 75% of people that get virus will recover like normal from other flu we have had in past. Dems are in this with both feet, the best shot they have at Trump. This is another hoax. I would guess 90days for turn around. Economically<img src="https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/images/smilies/huh.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Huh?" class="inlineimg" /> After this scare how long are people going to stay home? I would say about Monday the scare will start to wear off.
    I risked it all last night and went out for dinner and a couple of beers and it was packed. To be honest I was kind of shocked. I expected the place to be not very busy at all. Imagine that, I lived to tell about it.
    BubbaJon, OLSKOOL, Blaine and 5 others like this.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749,
    Team 444 ​#761, Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

  9. #8
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Micanopy, Florida
    Posts
    10,224
    Member #
    50056
    Thanked
    28661 times
    We go through that stuff every hurricane season. People buy all the bottled water and gas there is. Half the people buying the bottled water are on city water and it still works when the power fails. Hardly ever do they lose the water supply and they sure don't need a years supply. After it passes many try and return the stuff to the store.

  10. #9
    Gun Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,275
    Member #
    25978
    Thanked
    7815 times
    Yeah, Democrats, Whatever happened to "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" ?
    336 Fan, Sparkyup, OLSKOOL and 5 others like this.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    10,726
    Member #
    29607
    Thanked
    34030 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtrigger View Post
    I took a trip into the city yesterday evening to go to the Walmart super center. It was quite an amazing sight. It was as busy as on a Saturday afternoon, super crowded and people filling carts with all sorts on non perishables. the paper goods aisle was completely empty, paper towel, toilet paper, baby wipes all gone, the bottled water aisle also completely empty, The cleaning products that kill germs also all gone, the soup section was not completely empty put pretty well picked through. It was just like what happens when a hurricane is about to hit in Florida only this is in a fairly rural area of East Tennessee.
    Made me think of the National Geographic preppers show and how the people who have a years supply of this stuff are way ahead of the rest of us.

    My buddy lives in Mt Juliet and showed me a video with folks lined up to the back of the store - at 10PM!!!
    OLSKOOL, Blaine, Maineiac and 2 others like this.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
    George Orwell


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •