prepping efforts paying off now - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: prepping efforts paying off now

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    The virus is out there, real enough. Airliners which usually leave the airport 80% full, are now down to 40-55% of capacity.
    Last edited by graymustang; 03-13-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    "Should have put more dirt down, saw it right off." Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Wrangler
    Member #
    It is interesting to watch people drooling over a 4 pack of TP. It was also interesting to hear a comment from an individual who suggested he might have to kick some ... to get TP. What was more interesting was seeing a couple of employees coming out of the freight room of a local Wally World with their carts full of the stuff that other customers were looking for on the shelf. - including food staples and sanitizers, etc. Made me wonder why i never considered being a Wally World greeter in my ancient days! I'm not much for conspiracy theory. However this started, it is all a rather strange process. What is it that has been said - as best I can remember - panic causes tunnel vision and we become the victim of our imagination.
    Last edited by Timrekah1; 03-13-2020 at 11:32 PM.
    alawrence and Gareth Holland like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    He who panics first panics best......

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtrigger View Post
    I took a trip into the city yesterday evening to go to the Walmart super center. It was quite an amazing sight. It was as busy as on a Saturday afternoon, super crowded and people filling carts with all sorts on non perishables. the paper goods aisle was completely empty, paper towel, toilet paper, baby wipes all gone, the bottled water aisle also completely empty, The cleaning products that kill germs also all gone, the soup section was not completely empty put pretty well picked through. It was just like what happens when a hurricane is about to hit in Florida only this is in a fairly rural area of East Tennessee.
    Made me think of the National Geographic preppers show and how the people who have a years supply of this stuff are way ahead of the rest of us.

Went by one Trader Joes around lunch today to pick up a bottle of Red Wine for the weekend. There were as many cars circling the parking lot trying to find a parking space than total spaces in the lot. It took 10 minutes to just get out after turning in.

On the way home from work I stopped at a different Trader Joes that has a bigger parking lot. When I went in I was totally shocked. All freezers were empty, all bread gone, and about the only thing left in the store was what I was after, adult beverages.

While there I picked up two bottles just in case the crazy's made a run on the rest of the store.
    PDP aka: Pappy
    My Favorites: 22 Hornet and all wildcats, 28-30 Stevens, 32-20 and all wildcats, plus every hyphenated rifle cartridge I have shot.
    Team: "Old Pharts" #348,
    Team Winchester #145

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I live in the country with a well and a generator if needed to run it. I have a good hose and spray nozzle so not worried about TP if it comes to that.Now running out of food would not be good but right now there are plenty of cows and squirrels in sight and those are the easy pickings along with growing some veggies as it is planting time here.

Banned
    Member #

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I don't get the TP thing, I live a small town 750ppl no stop lights but we have a small grocery store heard stories all day about ppl coming in for tp, went in tonite and the shelves are bare gave the owners son a little hell. He said he has seen more ppl in the last two days that are 1st time customers than ever before. What do ppl intend to do with the stuff, they bought it out everywhere days before they moved on to any of the food or drinks, I mean do they realize how the body works?

Obama gets elected and we get criticized for clinging to our god and guns when ammo and guns start flying off the shelves.

Trump gets elected and in crisis the lefties freak out and cling to their? Toilet Paper? Guess that makes sense when you subscribe to the Bloomberg theory that any one can put a seed in the ground and grow crops, or the California politician who stated she gets her meat at the grocery store where they "make it"

Seems to me that the main thing these idiots are cultivating is a bunch of B.S. at an alarming rate.
    Arky73, bc069, Sparkyup and 4 others like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I stocked up on weapons and ammo over the years. If I need more TP, I'll just go and relieve a liberal of their TP.
    Andrew
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    We live in the sticks, for real. As a result we buy a lot of staples in bulk just so we don't have to make a special trip to town for something. We were down to about a half of the 36 roll package of TP and I mentioned to my wife to add it to the list for her monthly trip to Sam's. The "bonus" pack this time came with 45 rolls! Guess we are good for a while, but the leaves will be coming out soon if we need to hoard.
    If all else fails we can use this one.

IMG_20200313_221626.jpg
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

A Ghost Ring brings everything into perspective.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Timrekah1 likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links