New Floor on my 5x10 Utility Trailer..........! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: New Floor on my 5x10 Utility Trailer..........!

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
    One of my best friends has a trailer place where he sells and fixes trailers for a living! He has three full time employees, fixing trailers five days a week! He told me to bring my trailer to him, fix it for free! Nope! I don't take advantage of my friends! But I do need a few more screws he sells to attach boards to frame, he want let me pay for anything!
    Crazy fool!

ca'jun56
    then just go provide him some good ole cajun hospitality................
    cajun56 and marlinluvr like this.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Deadeye
    Member #
    It's hard to imagine a more useful piece of equipment than a utility trailer if you own rural property. I have a 20' equipment trailer to haul the tractor but my 5' x 10' hauls gravel to fix roads, moves deer stands, moves dead trees to the chipper, hauls the four wheeler, etc.
    Kendawg, cajun56, mrguvna and 1 others like this.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    While you snow birds pushing shovels and hiding in your caves! ca'jun pushing a paint brush! It's not my fault it's warmer here! It's decking paint with sand in it. Lowe's special. Perfect weather for painting!

20191202_131507.jpg,20191202_131515.jpg, 20191202_131526.jpg.

Fred was supervising as always! Have some 1/8 thick aluminum plate I cut to mount winch and battery boxes on.

ca'jun56
    Maineiac, mikom and gunscrewguy like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I have a "redo the trailer deck" on my mikeydo list. I also need to modify the tail gate to make it removable as well as a few odds and ends welded on it. Yours will look better than mine when you are done. Mine will not have a "wench" either.

I bought mine used on the cheap and it tuned out to be quite the hassle getting it registered. It had a "sticker" serial number that was long gone. The original owner could not find the old registration, but, did have the plate. The state would not let me register it without a serial number. They knew it from the registration info but would not give it to me because the registration was not mine. The original owner was leaving the state and did not want to be bothered to ask for it. The clerk was looking at the number on the screen.

Quite a Catch 22. I was just slightly more than superbly ticked off at the fact that they knew the serial and would not give it to me, but would not let me register it without it. I had the plate, bill of sale, but not the original registration. At that point I was not a pleasant individual to deal with.

As it turns out it is not all that tough to calculate your own. Searches on the interwebs reveal a treasure trove of serials that give you the pattern for the manufacturer and trailer type. I knew the manufacturer, guessed at at year, and rough stab at the run (number made for the year) and calculated the resultant check digits. I stamped the the number in the frame and used that serial number to register it. Someplace, somebody has the same serial number that I do. Oh well.... Their sticker is most likely long gone too.

The state can go .....
    cajun56, paulo57509 and mikom like this.
    ​~ Mike
    <*)(((((>{

Captain Team Shotgun, Captain Handgun Team Semi-Auto
    Teams 30-30, 45-70, 35 Rem, 44-40, Wheelguns

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Winch set up on my tilt 5'x10' UT trailer. Big difference over the 1500# warn winch I had original on trailer! Dropped off a Dixie Narco 276E drink machine today and hauled away their old Dixie Narco 440 single price machine. 81" tall behemoth! That 3500# winch yanked that machine up my trailer so fast and effortlessly I was amazed! Now I'm hooked on China made junk!

20191204_154004.jpg

Bought a new tool box. Made in the USA! to put all stuff out of sight and rain.

20191204_154016.jpg

Aluminum plate I used, scrap from my former employer, bolts and such from Ace Handyman.

20191205_100648.jpg

Machine I hauled away, 875# worth! It's going to scrap yard, had to pull cooling deck.

ca'jun56
    Last edited by cajun56; 12-05-2019 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling!
    mikom and gunscrewguy like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Cajun,we had a guy set us up with a brand new Pepsi machine 7 years ago,he came and filled it up and never saw him again! We called his number,no reply. Called the Pepsi distributor and they had no record of that machine. Being resourceful as we were able to get stuff out of it,after a few years none of it good! If you want it you can have it.
    cajun56 and gunscrewguy like this.
    Team 30 30 #1434.
    1953 336 SC.
    1953 336 RC.
    Team .35 Rem #785
    1983 336CS.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    Cajun,we had a guy set us up with a brand new Pepsi machine 7 years ago,he came and filled it up and never saw him again! We called his number,no reply. Called the Pepsi distributor and they had no record of that machine. Being resourceful as we were able to get stuff out of it,after a few years none of it good! If you want it you can have it.

Heck ship it to me! lol!

Thanks just kidding! Lot of vendors start out thinking they will make big dollars! The real money makers are the machine sellers! Lol! That little RC cola machine I sold today cost me $50, one door switch, "used" and sold it for a grand! Free shipping to church as I told buyer!
    So that vendor up and quit, left y'all high and dry! Ask your company about it and if you can have it! Drill out lock and collect the money! I take any machine given to me! If it's junk, it goes to scrap yard, if it's still usable I slap some paint and led lights and put it up for sale!

I pick these up for a bill!

20190914_094613.jpg

This make good money!

secrets! I can't tell all my secrets!

ca'jun56
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12