Duracell - Two Thumbs Down...Again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Duracell - Two Thumbs Down...Again.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Duracell - Two Thumbs Down...Again.

Whenever I have a battery operated device that has leaky batteries, it's always been those wonderful Crapper Top Duracells. I've even had Duracells leak before they're even dead.

I have a separate 24" tool box where I keep a set of tools I use around the house. Portable with basic hand tools. saw, levels, etc. for electrical and mechanical chores. I found this flashlight in the box tray today.

leaky flashlight_resized 180.jpg

This poor flashlight has the flu - it's coming out of both ends. I didn't even open it. Tossed it into the dead battery box for the next run to the hazardous waste site. Yes, there's Duracells in there.

This is why I've switched to Ray-O-Vac (I think they're now owned by Eveready) batteries.
    Vooch, gunscrewguy, Blaine and 1 others like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Never had any problems with them (or any others for that matter) myself! Guess I'm lucky! Naaaaaahhhhhhh that ain't it!
    Vooch, Blaine and no primers like this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Ive had batteries of virtually every brand leak once they're dead and the device has been forgotten. Once I had a lantern with 8 C cells leak so much it had standing liquid in the tray it was on.

Hate it when it's an expensive light like a Mag Lite that's been left in a car. Only with rechargeable batteries have I not had leaks.
    Lever Jac likes this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Years ago I worked for a while in a Duracel plant. You'd be amazed how many batteries with other well-known brand name labels went out of there. Bottom line -- most of them are identical, regardless of the brand.
    Pisgah
    ------------------
    "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I use to carry 3cell Maglite in truck. Always had good batteries because I used almost daily. Lost several to leaking but only in winter.
    Brand didn't matter, I think it was from freezing temp. I haven't carried them for years but have 4 of them in the house and never have trouble with leakage. Try to change batteries twice a year, if I remember.

I have a small Dewalt zip bag a power tool came in. I keep all my batteries for power tools ( rechargeables) and all my stuff than runs on dry cells , electrical meters and such. In cold weather the bag goes in the house with me and that reduces battery problems. Last winter I forgot to take a digital multimeter in the house. It was $100 meter and ran on AAAs. Meter was fairly new and batteries had never been replaced. The cheap Chinese batteries leaked and ruined meter. Bought new meter and 1st thing I did was change out the cheap batteries they come with to good ones.
    Travlin and lever30 like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I've had way more problems with energizer batteries leaking, I switched to Duracell because of it. I now see some companies advertising leak proof batteries now.
    I wonder how many devices have been trashed by their leaking batteries,
    cajun56 and Golphin like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I have had just the opposite experience. Rayovac have performed horribly in my game cameras and i only use duracell or enegizers. both of the later last upwards of 3 months in my cameras on a regular basis. The rayovac have never lasted more than a few weeks if that.
    Travlin likes this.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

jdh
    Tinhorn
    Member #
    Duracell Battery Guarantee

If not completely satisfied with your Duracell battery product, call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM – 5:00PM EST). Duracell guarantees its batteries against defects in materials and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided as proof of claim. Duracell may deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device.

https://www.duracell.com/en-us/techn...-and-disposal/

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguvna View Post
    Rayovac have performed horribly in my game cameras
    Rayovac has always been junk. People get sucked in due to their lower price.
    cajun56 and 256WinMag like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    In the old days you could send the flashlight back to the battery maker and they would send you a new one. I recently had some copper tops leak. Went to the website, called the CS number shown. Gave them the numbers off the batteries and they sent a coupon for new batteries. In my case it was like an 8 or 10 pack coupon...
    Last edited by old wound; 10-04-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Golphin, Travlin and ptypegreen like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links