I hate HGTV! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: I hate HGTV!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My wife watches those shows and thinks I should be able to do the same work in an hour like on the show. I tell her they had a whole team of carpenters and they shot it over a week or two, but she still don't get it!

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 95 Lever View Post
    If the wife's not happy .. nobody's happy! Bite your tongue and say "yes dear"
    I do say that, but it's through gritted teeth!
    Andrew
    The Gene Pool is in need of a lot of Chlorine!

Better yet, drain the entire pool!

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    My wife watches those shows too. That's why I won't do any serious work around the house while she's there. First off she thinks things should be torn out with a sledge hammer. Everything they do seems to involve perfect square & plumb walls. They all high 5 each other everytime they drive a nail. There are some remodels that would be ridiculous expense and others that waste time fooling with junk that should be trashed. I got a butt load of her telling me how I'm not doing it like the guys on TV. In fact just had her go visiting so I could redo bath this weekend. Kids know it's good for her health.
    1Forecon, lever30, cajun56 and 2 others like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    Yup, I leaned about Pinterest just the other day...”see honey, this is what I want the kitchen to look like!” and she shows me three entirely different kitchens??!!

Gotta love em, a divorce is just too costly!
    lever30, cajun56 and mikom like this.
    "Semper Fi Mac!"

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

John Wayne

Wrangler
    Member #
    You guys are gonna love this. Not just five minutes ago after we came up from laying and strapping down a run of flooring in the basement, the wife starts to tell me: “ You know, that load bearing beam we put in to extend our living room into the new addition 2 feet? I respond with, “Uh huh?”. She says, “Well that has got to go it screws up my new living room ceiling transition into the new dining room/kitchen ceiling.”

Now, I explained this too her a couple times before I had my contractor and his crew demo the existing exterior load bearing wall and then install the engineered beam doubled up! He even explained it to her once or twice, but she said do it.(No way my wife and I were going to be able to do the heavy lifting and fitting and he works cheap, and that’s when I had them lower the vaulted ceiling in the living room by running 10 2x12x20’s across the span. I do the light framing, finished carpentry, flooring, drywall, electrical, some plumbing and of course the fricken painting)

So now, I am going to be reframing from the new existing wall into the addition back 2’, back to the original location of the exterior wall and blend the beam into my new wall. Hey, at least the extra wide opening(entranceway) into the addition will already be “headered” by means of the beam and I’m just adding relief walls to tie it all together. Might even do a recessed built in book case with that extra 2 feet I frame back into the living room?

It never ends! When she builds our new house, I’m making sure I’m going to be in Colorado going to Gunsmithing school next year...that’s the plan anyways! Would have went this year but...working on this darn house killed those plans.
    lever30, cajun56 and mikom like this.
    "Semper Fi Mac!"

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

John Wayne

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    May the demons of the underworld grab Chip and Joanna Gaines, for those darn barn doors that they love to slam into every project. And notice, the non functioning clock Joanna puts into every build.
    lever30, cajun56, Drm50 and 3 others like this.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    A non functioning clock is right twice a day!
    mikom and alawrence like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links