Where my 1894c hangs out! - Page 99
Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Thread: Where my 1894c hangs out!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Those of you who visit here regularly know that I love to make old things into new things (I think it's called repurposing). I'm also interested in trying new things (at least to me). Here is my latest experiment. I've been reloading since 1967 and I have never cleaned any old brass! I recently purchased a Hornady 2L Sonic Cleaner as I'm getting more serious about reloading in some quantity. I am really impressed with this little cleaner.
    HornadyCleaner.jpg

It isn't going to polish the brass to a shiny finish like a tumbler, but for my purposes it works quite well! I was interested in something that would clean the brass so I didn't mess up my dies, and for that it works quite well. I have thus far cleaned over 600 cases of various calibers and I am very satisfied. Here is a picture of the 80 223 cases that I ran through the cleaner for 20 minutes. I had decapped all the brass with a universal decapping die before cleaning. Now I'm ready to size and reload in earnest.
    Cleaned223Cases.jpg

Hey, it's something to do when the temperature here in our part of Texas was 75 yesterday (Sunday) and today the high was 35. It's Texas, if you can't stand the summers, you don't deserve the winters! I guess I griped too much about the 100 degree days last summer Y'all take care, 'cause I really do care! John
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-22-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    Yogi likes this.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Member #
    I ask for all who visit here to please go to the prayer forum and put in a word for MO member Survivor99 whose wife is suffering from cancer. Ron and his wife need our prayers for comfort, understanding, and healing if it is God's will! Thanks friends. John
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Member #
    DivasCloseup.jpg Just to let you know that me and my wife and the donkeys are still alive and kickin! Hope you've had some rain in your part of the country because we are drier than the proverbial popcorn toot John

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Hey John good to hear you are still kickin with the donkeys!!
    We have had too much rain here. Ground is soggy and the crawl spaces around here have water in them!
    I'll see if I can send some your way.

John

Member #
    While it is so dry here in our part of the Texas Hill Country that even the weeds are not growing very well, the irises are blooming beautifully! These pictures were taken on April 10th -- today we have over 50 blooms with a lot more to come!IrisMulti.jpgIrisPurple.jpg I still haven't figured out how to post pics exactly right since I've used photobucket for a long time and it's not working right for me any more! Y'all stay well because I care! John
    Uncle Sid likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    More snow and rain today. On my daily jog out to the highway and back I saw a old fella flaot in a big hand crafted wooden boat, real nice boat too!, I hollared Howdy but I don't think he heard me with all them animals making so much noise!! Then it hit me maybe I should buy some flood insurance!

john

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I was hoping this thread would pop back up pretty soon, been wondering how things were progressing after all that goofy spring/winter (sprinter?) weather you were having. Farther north we're calling it The Winter That Wouldn't Die, but now that April's here we have grass greening up and trees budding out all over, so I guess we're finally done. How bad was the winter? Record snowfalls, a couple weeks in the teens or below, and I went six months without shooting a rifle...........that's serious!

Happily, my club range is open again, everything has been repaved (after all the ice pretty well destroyed the roads!) and we're ready to go make some noise.

So how's Mrs. PJABI? I think we need some shots of her outshooting you with her 1894C.

We care, too!
    Uncle Sid likes this.
    : "The claim that the United States has more coronavirus deaths than China is false. Without commenting on any classified information, this much is painfully obvious: The Chinese Communist Party has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie about coronavirus to protect the regime." –Sen. Ben Sasse

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Glad to see the beauty of spring popping up in Texas. Those Irises are some pretty flowers
    Team 30/30 #547
    Team 60 #104
    Team 45/70 #764
    Team 39 #251
    Team Old Pharts #188

Member #
    Wishing a Happy Blessed Easter to all on MO and especially those who come here to visit! Y'all are friends and I am proud to say "HE IS RISEN" and know that those gathered together here will respond "HE IS RISEN INDEED!". Thanks for being such a supporter of all the good and great things in this world! I care, John
    Oz and Uncle Sid like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    May you and yours have a blessed resurection day John

John

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links