Where my 1894c hangs out! - Page 73
Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Thread: Where my 1894c hangs out!

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Heck, here in south Mississippi we can't count on winter in January!
    '08 1894ss .44 magnum
    '88 336CS .30-30
    '80 1894C .357 magnum
    '69 336 .30-30
    Select a rifle...in the 30-30 class, picking the action that feels the best in the hands and that one happens to like...for no one will handle a rifle at its best unless he has a sincere liking for it. Larry Koller

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Lows in the 50's this morning. Last night was beautiful to walk the neighborhood. Looking forward to fall! Jeff
    “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.” Julius Caesar

“Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.” Ernest Hemingway

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Much cooler yesterday and today -- actually turned off the AC and opened up the house. Supposed to have mid 90s for next few days but that's better than low triple digits for sure. I know you're used to seeing me do bigger projects, but it was so nice last couple of days I really needed to do some woodworking. Since I had no big projects at the moment, decided to use some of the junk cedar left over from planing I mentioned about mid August and see what came out.

Made a bunch of little boxes and they came out pretty good -- still need tung oil finish on em! Hey I'm on a roll and may make a bunch more. Each one gets a bit easier -- now if I can just remember what clamp I used where until tomorrow morning I'll be OK Hope y'all are well! Johnbig little boxes.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-31-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohnabi View Post
    Much cooler yesterday and today -- actually turned off the AC and opened up the house. Supposed to have mid 90s for next few days but that's better than low triple digits for sure. I know you're used to seeing me do bigger projects, but it was so nice last couple of days I really needed to do some woodworking. Since I had no big projects at the moment, decided to use some of the junk cedar left over from planing I mentioned about mid August and see what came out.

Made a bunch of little boxes and they came out pretty good -- still need tung oil finish on em! Hey I'm on a roll and may make a bunch more. Each one gets a bit easier -- now if I can just remember what clamp I used where until tomorrow morning I'll be OK Hope y'all are well! John
    Termination dust on the mountains today here, high 30's last night and not getting into the 50's for daytime highs.

So you are using tung oil too! Great stuff, really makes the grain pop. We are getting it by the gallon and using citrus solvent to cut it. Nice to not have to breathe the bad stuff..

Best to you...
    1895 45-70 GS, 1894 45 Colt
    Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. Henry 22LR Frontier
    Rossi M-92 454 Casull

"When I hold you in my arms
    and I feel my finger on your trigger
    I know nobody can do me no harm"..

JM, RIP..

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    What are you using those pretty boxes for John?

John

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Where I live here in NE Pennsylvania it was 47 degrees when I crawled out from under the covers and looked at the outside thermometer. Winter isn't far off, that's for sure.
    358 Win
    Thump em with a .35 caliber and they stay
    thumped. Team 35 member #17. Team 3
    30-30 member # 98. Team .32 Special #5. NRA Life Member. USN 7/10/69 - 12/6/73. Operation Homecoming Staff, Clark Air Base, Philippines.
    Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.
    My proud Navajo name: T'adoh-'aash (He wanders around)

Member #
    We envy you folks with cooler weather, but hey, we chose to live in TX! On the boxes John, I have no idea but I'm kinda like Costner in "Field of Dreams" -- if you build them they will come! Besides that, I had some 3/8" cedar and I was bored Always good to hear from all of you folks! John
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 358 Win View Post
    Where I live here in NE Pennsylvania it was 47 degrees when I crawled out from under the covers and looked at the outside thermometer. Winter isn't far off, that's for sure.
    358 Win
    It was 53 at my house yesterday morning with unusually low humidity here in the upstate of SC... Hunting season is only 4 days away...

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    It was 53 at my house yesterday morning with unusually low humidity here in the upstate of SC... Hunting season is only 4 days away...

Festus, 42 degrees this morning. Yesterday's official high was 72 degrees and there was no humidity! Awesome and I was out shooting from 1030 till 1600 with my casting buddy. We
    were shooting at his wife's family farm. His wife was along and made us all a lunch! Don't get much better than that!

Bob
    Thump em with a .35 caliber and they stay
    thumped. Team 35 member #17. Team 3
    30-30 member # 98. Team .32 Special #5. NRA Life Member. USN 7/10/69 - 12/6/73. Operation Homecoming Staff, Clark Air Base, Philippines.
    Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.
    My proud Navajo name: T'adoh-'aash (He wanders around)

Member #
    Today was back in the mid-90s but tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and thru the weekend as well. Hot as it was, I spent some time in the workshop on a few minor projects but just wanted to show you what Formby's Tung Oil Finish does to Texas Red Cedar. Some of it is almost purple. What a difference a little more elbow grease makes in a project! We're looking forward to some of that rain that eaglesnest promised to send us from AK! John
    big little boxes finished.jpg

And yes, that is a toilet seat under the boxes -- after all they are JohnBilt! J
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-31-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links