Where my 1894c hangs out! - Page 71
Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Thread: Where my 1894c hangs out!

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Good to see and hear of your progress John. It seems there is always something to do and something to make to keep us all interested in your place.

I think we all need to meet at your place and have a BBQ sometime!

John

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I totally agree with that statement, John! I don't have to travel, so y'all set the time and we'll work it BTW, Late Oct of early November is the best time around here for pleasant temps! John
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I'm stealing...............I mean borrowing the design for that shooting stool. Just lettin' ya know.
    : "No one expects the mainstream media to be even-handed anymore. We don't even expect the media to be professional. That ship has sailed." —Kyle Smith

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well, we're always something around here that will make us (and a few like us) laugh just for the fun of laughing! Since we put up the BEACH sign, we decided the beach area needed some minor improvements to make it a more believable beach. SO .. the shooting table down by the beach suddenly began serving double duty as you can see in this pic.
    P8160166.JPG

And I finally decided to get a large bale of coastal for the donkeys -- the price finally got down to $100/bale and since that big roundbale is the equivalent of about 26-28 of the little square bales (at $10/bale). Even I could figure the big bale was the best deal. Donkeys figure they've hit the mother load. They like to graze as well, but right now there's nothing to graze on! Mostly they just like attention.
    P8160164.JPG

P8160169.JPG

Hope y'all are staying cool -- we're supposed to have a cold front this weekend -- high only 89 Take care 'cause we care! John
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-25-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohnabi View Post
    Hope y'all are staying cool -- we're supposed to have a cold front this weekend -- high only 89 Take care 'cause we care! John
    John, it's odd you mention the weather..........the weirdest thing happened today..........there was water falling out of these blueish "cloud" things. It went on for almost an hour, quite strange. Haven't seen the like in recent memory.......which admittedly isn't very long. Haven't seen clouds in quite awhile either! It was odd, but I liked it. Maybe it'll do that again someday.
    : "No one expects the mainstream media to be even-handed anymore. We don't even expect the media to be professional. That ship has sailed." —Kyle Smith

Member #
    89 sounds incredibly hot John! I don't know how you guys take it. We're having the coldest summer on record and a lotta rain too, and fresh snow on the mountains every other week or so . The sump pump under the house has been running some and it never runs except in October.

Sent from my Alaska Communications Android using Forum Runner
    1895 45-70 GS, 1894 45 Colt
    Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. Henry 22LR Frontier
    Rossi M-92 454 Casull

"When I hold you in my arms
    and I feel my finger on your trigger
    I know nobody can do me no harm"..

JM, RIP..

Member #
    Good news and bad news! Bad news is it's still hot in TX -- good news is it isn't as hot as it's been being. Actually turned off the AC and slept with house all opened up on both Fri and Sat nites and tomorrow's high is supposed to be 86 and that's a big break from the low 100s we've been getting.

Supplier for the cedar dust and shavings I'd been using in the COB went out of business, so I've been making my own cedar dust. Cranked up the surface planer with big vac hooked to it and went to work. First pic is of the pretty rough cedar I get from the mill (and most of these are culls that they really don't like to sell at full price). I got a whole pickup load of this stuff at a really good price and the second pic shows what some of that junk lumber looks like after several trips thru the planer.

P8200171.JPG
    P8200173.JPG

So I get the shavings I need (already have a 55 gal barrel full+) and I also get some pretty cedar (albeit in short pieces) for future projects! Win/win to me! John
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-31-2018 at 10:29 PM.
    jpickar likes this.

Member #
    Sure wish there was a way to move some of the rain the folks in LA got inundated with to our part of TX! Dry as a popcorn toot and temp just went past the century mark. No wind makes it really HOT! We try to add things around the place that keep it TX but add a little color so here's a pic looking from front porch of the cabin across the garden. That pampas grass is just beautiful. Hope and pray all our brothers and sisters in the path of Isaac (or what's left of him) don't get hit too hard. We care, John
    P8270174.JPG
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 03-31-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    bigjeepman likes this.

Oz
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Hey John. The pampas looks real nice and the little shrub in the fore-ground has some nice colour too. Hope the weather changes for you soon, nothin worse than dry hot weather and no breeze. I think pampas has been declared a noctious weed here, it was real popular a while back but I think it became a bit of a problem when it got into the natural bushland, along with all the other introduced species.

Take care and I'll have a cool beer for you when I finish work today.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    papajohnabi likes this.
    Love people and use things. NOT THE OPPOSITE.
    Team ANZMO Member #00
    Team 1894 Member # 214
    Team Bikers Member#02
    Team .375 Member #02

Member #
    After three months with no measurable rain, we've finally gotten a few brief showers in the past week, and now Isaac is finally here.......I never thought I'd be so happy to welcome a former hurricane to town. We've been promised as much as five inches of long-needed rain before it moves out Sunday, Lord knows we could use it. It may be too little too late for a lot of the trees, most started losing leaves months ago, and some may never recover.

This ain't Texas............but in places it was starting to look like it! It'll be interesting to see if things green back up here in a few days.

Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links