Where my 1894c hangs out! - Page 60
Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Thread: Where my 1894c hangs out!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    We really enjoy our slice of heaven here in TX! The man who originally built the old cabin, planted the orchard, etc. was a craftsman as well. Guess it comes with the place. We spent some time a couple weekends ago getting the pond cleaned up and putting in a new pump so the waterfall by the patio at the original house is working. Had to have a BIG forklift to stack these rocks.
    P3300085.JPG

But hey its springtime here for sure. Flowers popping all over the place. First some of wife's prize irises (pretty good size). Then some TX wildflowers (some would call them weeds) and then the one little Bluebonnet (TX state flower) that's growing on the place. Next year hope to have the orchard full of those.
    P3300083.JPG
    P3300088.JPG

And finally, just to keep my hand in woodworking, I'm building a nite stand for SIL! All this is left over lumber (including the mahogany top, drawer fronts, and front facing on sides). The only lumber I bought was 1/4 sheet of 3/4 birch plywood for the drawer sides and back. Finish will be Minwax stain of some sort (yet to be determined). Looks pretty good for scrap (even the glue joints look good). Didn't want you to think I had lost interest in woodworking.P3300087.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 04-01-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Member #
    You are one talented fellow John! Nicely done..

Sent from my Alaska Communications Android using Forum Runner
    1895 45-70 GS, 1894 45 Colt
    Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. Henry 22LR Frontier
    Rossi M-92 454 Casull

"When I hold you in my arms
    and I feel my finger on your trigger
    I know nobody can do me no harm"..

JM, RIP..

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Glad you're back to doing interesting projects. Keep us posted!
    '08 1894ss .44 magnum
    '88 336CS .30-30
    '80 1894C .357 magnum
    '69 336 .30-30
    Select a rifle...in the 30-30 class, picking the action that feels the best in the hands and that one happens to like...for no one will handle a rifle at its best unless he has a sincere liking for it. Larry Koller

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Love the photo of that gigantic Iris! I used to grow them on the sunny side of the duplex I lived in, nothing else smells as good as a wall full of those purple irises! And the colors are spectacular.

Good to know you're still making sawdust.
    "We're going to see what capitalism is really all about. When we have these big conversations about the direction the country is headed and what direction the country ought to be headed — this is a chance, unlike anything I've ever seen, for corporate America to step up and do what the government simply can't do." —Mike Rowe

Member #
    Hope y'all have a Happy Easter! What's not to be happy about! He is risen and that is amazing. I care, John
    Delta Six likes this.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I hope all is well with you too John. I went to the shooting range on Sunday, after church, to shoot the centerfire rifles so as not to disturb the neighbors on Sunday. Everyone else had the same idea so it was a time consuming deal and I didn't stay long.
    Been working on bucking up blow downs that a wind storm blew down a few weeks back. Man, I hurt after sitting on my butt for a few months this winter!

John

Member #
    Sorry I've been out of pocket for about a month! Had to go back to Abilene to clean up pool at the house there as we work to sell the property. Then my computer went pfffft and was without it for over a week. So I'm back and had to put in a couple of pics. First one is of the newest arrival at the Hoot 'N Holler Hidey Hole -- Jack Jr!

P5100561.JPG

Second one is of a decent sized red squirrel I shot at about 25 yards off the front porch at the cabin! I know the rifle ain't a Marlin, but haven't found a 39 to my liking and so this little Henry is getting me used to levers. Guess it shoots OK and a one shotter on a squirrel at 25 yards in a tree with irons and 71 year old eyes is worth a pic anyway

P5010100.JPG

sometime next few days, I'll try to post some pics of where I grew up in KS. the old home place was in a twister path on Sat after Easter that was devastating. so many memories of the place it's kinda hard to talk about! Hope y'all are well because I do care! John
    Last edited by papajohnabi; 04-01-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    Festus, Oz and gunrunner like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    John, good to hear from you and see what you have been up to.
    All is well here.

John

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Papajohnabi, Its good to hear from you again! Good luck on selling the house and I look forward to seeing the KS pictures.

Sooth Sayer #1 Contributing Member
    Member #
    Fine shot with 20 year old eyes Old JR looks like a chip off the ol block!
    Gunrunner,,,
    Guns dont kill people.Dads with pretty Daughters do..

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links