Where my 1894c hangs out! - Page 109
Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1193
Like Tree660Likes

Thread: Where my 1894c hangs out!

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I've got the 405 LaserCasts you sent me loaded up in some of the brass you sent. I shot the 350s first 'cause SIL helped me load 'em up and we wanted to start with the 350s and then shoot some 405s and 300s (that you also sent) to see how the POI changed. Thanks again Mark for helping me get started. BTW, I sent 50 brass and 50 bullets to two different MO members to pay it forward a bit! John
    MM22UC and Stu925 like this.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Hey Papajohnabi,

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Topped off with 1895 CB FUN!

Later, Mark
    papajohnabi and Stu925 like this.
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E Lee.

Waiting to be banned....

Member #
    Here it is three weeks since last post, so gotta get busy again. Today here in our part of Texas the temperature was nearly 85 degrees and the sun was shining brightly. This was the kind of day we would expect to see in late March/early April, but at least we have some rain in the forecast for the weekend. Thankfully, we've had a little over an inch of rain since the first of the year and that really helps. The problem is, I'm very concerned that some of our trees will bud too early (paarticularly the fruit trees) because I know we will surely have some more freezing weather in the next 6 weeks or so.

On the Marlin front, I just dealt for a 410 and I'm excited about it. This makes the fourth Marlin I've bought from MO members (a 336 in 30-30, a 39a, an 1895Cowboy, and now the 410). That 410 (for reasons known only to me) was one of my drool over wants. Hopefully I'll have the little shotgun in hand by middle of next week.

My wife is such a major part of all the projects around this place. Her sense of design is absolutely amazing, so I wanted to put a picture in of one of her most recent projects. This is made from cedar tailings picked up at the local cedar lumber place. The cross is about 15 inches tall -- finish is Formby's Tung Oil.Cedar Cross.jpg

Since the weather was so beautiful this afternoon, we decided to fire up the Traeger Grill and cook up a pork loin roast. 5 lb roast, 325 degrees, and 3 hours and wow that is good eatin'. Used mesquite pellets in the grill -- that's part of the west Texas in me. Mesquite is absolutely the best smoke wood there is (at least in my humble opinion). Let me know when you're coming down, and we'll try to repeat the recipe Y'all take care, because I do care. Thanks for stickin' a head in! John
    JC336, Uncle Sid, MM22UC and 1 others like this.
    "Windage and elevation, Mrs Langdon. Always remember, windage and elevation!" John Wayne as John Henry Thomas in The Undefeated

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    Wow, that's a nice cabin, awesome job.
    papajohnabi likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #

Where my 1894c hangs out!

I really like the cedar cross, and Your pictures show her influence throughout the cabin. Thanks for the post. I like stopping by to see what's new.
    Uncle Sid
    papajohnabi likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Like the cross too. BBQ sounds great and the 410 Marlin interesting...never seen one in person. Mark.
    papajohnabi likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Tell your wife that the cross looks great. Your weather sounds a whole lot nicer than ours right about now. 3" of snow last night and down in the single digits again tonight.

Stu
    papajohnabi likes this.
    Marlin League #124
    Team 35 #417
    Team Glenfield #55
    Team Mosin Nagant #22
    Team Mauser #5

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I am in AZ for the winter and it is raining and 90 percent humidity!!! I'm going back home where it is dryer!!
    John
    papajohnabi likes this.

Member #
    Today was a busy and productive day getting some little (but important) jobs done. We finished the repairs to the drive mechanism on the front gate. When the original owner of the place built it, he designed a way to use a garage door opener to open and close a 6' by 20' metal gate. It was an ingenious idea (given the cost of a commercial gate opener), but the engineering could have been more precise. Having said that, the whole shebang lasted for well over 12 years. The garage door opener had a bad bearing that led to the drive chain breaking. Luckily, I was able to find the parts to completely rebuild the "guts" of the opener. With a little help (actually a lot) from a fellow in Goldthwaite who is an arc welding guru, we got the unit rebuilt and it works like a dream. It's a lot easier than pushing that sucker open and closed each time we leave or return.

I guess I need to change the title of the thread to "Where my 1894C, 336, 39A, 39d, 1895CB, and 410 hang out"! I just bought the 410 from a Marlin Owner member in AL and I was glad to find it for sure. I'll try to get pictures of the family posted soon. I've only bought one new one (the 1894C) and all but the 39d have been purchased here on MO. I'm proud of that. Thanks again for lookin' in! I appreciate it a lot! Take care, John
    jpickar and Stu925 like this.

Member #
    I promised a picture of the Marlin family, so I'd best do that or risk being declared "persona non grata" or some such thing This picture is not the best but it's the thought that counts (I hope).

MarlinFamily1.jpg MarlinFamily3.jpg MarlinFamily2.jpg

The first picture shows all six of my Marlins. Top to bottom: 2009 1894C, 1982 336 30-30 (bought from MO member Grady), 1976 39A (bought from MO member jpickar), 2003 1895 Cowboy (bought from MO member papajohn), 1971 39d, and 410 (bought from MO member fishkat). Sorry for the picture quality, but best I could do with the phone. The next two pics show my latest two, the 39d and the 410. Light was bad so I took a closeup of buttstocks to show that wood quality is pretty nice. I'm pretty proud of all my Marlins -- Only one bought new and I'm guessing each of them would go 90% or so! Thanks again for looking in! John
    1895Gunner, Stu925, Oz and 2 others like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links