Lighter Spring - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lighter Spring

Deadeye
    Member #

Re: Lighter Spring

Ok, I found it on Long Hunter. Do you like his spring better than the Wolff?

I haven't looked yet, but what's involved in changing the FP?
    Team 30-30 #1
    Team Old Phart #353

You have reached the pinnacle of success when you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity.

Tinhorn
    Member #

These are very good spriings. I think you will be pleased with them. The springs and fireing pin come with instructions. They are very easy to install. I have never used Wolff in my Marlins. I have used wolff in my Vaqueros and like them. I have had to replace the lighter, wolff, Vaquero hammer spring with the medium weight for reliable primer ignition. They do well with Federal primers.
    Marlins, 38-55; 30-30; 45 LC Cowboy, 357 carbine

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

This is my experience with the weaker springs.
    I purchased a 1894PG that had the aftermarket weak trigger spring and aftermarket weak lever spur spring.
    The hammer spring was so weak that when easing the trigger back from full cocked to down position, the hammer wouldn't seat all the way down, 1/4" play. Didn't like that at all, and replaced it with an original given to me by forum member Redmist.
    The weak lever spur spring wouldn't let the lever lock down, didn't like that ether, replaced it with an original. The rifle is back to functioning normal.
    I'm sure this was why the rifle was on the market. It was lucky for me. With forum help, the cause of problems were identified, and they both were a cheap fix.

Looks like they have worked well for others though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarphase
    This is my experience with the weaker springs.
    I purchased a 1894PG that had the aftermarket weak trigger spring and aftermarket weak lever spur spring.
    The hammer spring was so weak that when easing the trigger back from full cocked to down position, the hammer wouldn't seat all the way down, 1/4" play. Didn't like that at all, and replaced it with an original given to me by forum member Redmist.
    The weak lever spur spring wouldn't let the lever lock down, didn't like that ether, replaced it with an original. The rifle is back to functioning normal.
    I'm sure this was why the rifle was on the market. It was lucky for me. With forum help, the cause of problems were identified, and they both were a cheap fix.

Looks like they have worked well for others though.
    There's more than one lighter spring available. Who knows what you had? It could have been something homemade.
    Team 30-30 #1
    Team Old Phart #353

You have reached the pinnacle of success when you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity.

Deadeye
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
    There's more than one lighter spring available. Who knows what you had? It could have been something homemade.
    Exactly! Cutting down or stretching springs to change weight is generally not a good idea, you may get good performance for the moment, then a failure when you need it. I have put the Wolff springs in lots of different brands of firearms and never had a problem. They are well designed for the intended purpose, as I would feel that Long Hunter one was also however never tired one.
    Tom

Deadeye
    Member #

I went ahead and ordered the kit from Long Hunter. He said the problems with misfires is corrected with their one piece firing pin. We'll see how it goes.
    Team 30-30 #1
    Team Old Phart #353

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    First i`ve filed and polished the sear. The result was pretty noticeable.
    Than i`ve installed the wolff- spring. BIG difference, i like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links