• 2 Post By 95 Lever
  • 2 Post By rob42049
  • 2 Post By Blaine
  • 3 Post By cajun56

Thread: Today in Rock n Roll History

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

Today in Rock n Roll History

1881 --- The player piano is patented by John McTammany Jr of Cambridge, Massachusetts.

1936 --- Roy Rogers and Arlene Wilkins are married.

1945 --- Rod argent is born in St Albans, England.

1946 --- Nat King Cole records 'The Christmas Song'.

1953 --- Elvis Presley graduates from L C Humes High School in Memphis, Tennessee.

1958 --- 'Purple People Eater' by Sheb Wooley reaches #1 on the USA singles chart.

'Who's Sorry Now' by Connie Francis enters its fifth week at #1 on the UK singles chart.

1961 --- Gene Vincent plays the Majestic Theatre in Newcastle, England. He is mobbed by fans, accidentally falls down some stairs and is knocked out.

Patsy Cline sustains head injuries and a broken hip in a car wreck.

1963 --- The Beatles play the Tower Ballroom in New Brighton, Wallasey. Opening band is Gerry and The Pacemakers. Tickets at the door are 6 shillings, about 45 cents US.

1964 --- Ringo flies to Australia to meet up with The Beatles, his tonsillitis mostly healed. They hold a Press Conference in Melbourne.

Railway workers find a tea chest on a train platform addressed to The Beatles. They discover teenager Carol Dryden inside. Safe and sound.

1965 --- Paul McCartney records the vocals for 'Yesterday' at Abbey Road studios.

1967 --- The Beatles record 'All You Need Is Love', working at Abbey Road studios.

'The Steve Allen Show' premieres on CBS-TV.

1968 --- Pink Floyd plays the Midsummer Ball at University College in Bloomsbury, England.

1969 --- 'Get Back' by The Beatles enters its fourth week at #1 on the USA singles chart.

'Ballad of John and Yoko' by The Beatles reaches #1 on the UK singles chart.

1970 --- Derek and the Dominoes play the Lyceum in London. They are joined onstage by Dave Mason.

1975 --- John Denver plays the Universal Amphitheater in California. 'Thank God I'm A Country Boy' is recorded live. It is this version that becomes an International hit.

1980 --- Peter Gabriel's self titled album, his third solo effort, reaches #1 on the UK chart.

1984 --- A likeness of Boy George is unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London.

1989 --- Carole King gets her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

1994 --- Henry Mancini dies in Beverly Hills, California. He was only 70.

1995 --- Rory Gallagher dies in London, England. He was only 47.

Ted Nugent plays Columbus, Ohio. Several neighbors complain about the volume, the Police show up, but Ted refuses to turn it down, citing legal decibel limits.

2001 --- The Charlie Daniels museum opens in downtown Nashville. Charlie is there to greet the guests.

2002 --- Mick Jagger is Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.

2003 --- Billy Bob Thornton signs a recording contract with Sanctuary Records.
    Last edited by rob42049; 06-14-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Blaine, cajun56, Ret_Eng and 5 others like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Sorry to hear that, rob. Hopefully the site is working better tomorrow.
    rob42049 and Holliday like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Copy and paste them to a text document on your desktop as you are gathering the information.
    When you are finished, copy and paste all the information from the text document into your post.
    That way you can't loose it.
    Holliday, rob42049 and cajun56 like this.
    I was reading one of your stupid rants, and thinking what a freaking idiot you are, until I realized it was one of my own rants from last week.

"Lord, bless me with patience... Not opportunities to be patient, I've had plenty of those and they don't seem to be working. The actual patience... !"

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Always look forward to reading you post each day, brings back some good memories from my younger days.
    Thanks Rob!
    Holliday and rob42049 like this.

Saddest words you'll ever hear
    ... "I have these old guns that were my dads and I have no interest in them"

Teach a kid to shoot and to carry on the tradition of safe, ethical use of firearms...

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    Copy and paste them to a text document on your desktop as you are gathering the information.
    When you are finished, copy and paste all the information from the text document into your post.
    That way you can't loose it.
    My computer skills are limited. I can barely turn the thing on and off. We're not gonna be cutting or pasting. But thanks, Brother. Best regards to the family.
    Blaine and Ret_Eng like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    My computer skills are limited. I can barely turn the thing on and off. We're not gonna be cutting or pasting. But thanks, Brother. Best regards to the family.
    Just give me a call.
    It's simple as s...
    Vooch and cajun56 like this.
    I was reading one of your stupid rants, and thinking what a freaking idiot you are, until I realized it was one of my own rants from last week.

"Lord, bless me with patience... Not opportunities to be patient, I've had plenty of those and they don't seem to be working. The actual patience... !"

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Blaine, rob42049 and Ret_Eng like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links