Today is National
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Today is National



  1. #1
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Posts
    5,816
    Member #
    64248
    Thanked
    19726 times

    Today is National

    Love a tree Day
    National do something good for your neighbor Day
    National sea monkey Day
    National coquilles saint jacques Day
    Zgun, Scorpiusb, Blaine and 2 others like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

  2. #2
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    10,557
    Member #
    40194
    Thanked
    35509 times
    It's Plant the Peppers Day. Every year on the 15th or 16th I put them in. Sometimes it snows here in May, but I have an old sleeping bag to put over the bathtub. It really works. The plants actually like the dark, they grow underneath the cover. These are all nuclear fallout grade hottest peppers in North America. I hope you gents and ladies are having a pleasant day. Nothing better than playing in the soil. Going to wait another week or so to plant the tomatoes in the other tub.

    Picture0516191246_1.jpg Picture0516191244_1.jpg
    cajun56, Blaine, alawrence and 2 others like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

  3. #3
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Posts
    5,816
    Member #
    64248
    Thanked
    19726 times
    Just remember to pull the plug out of the tub.
    cajun56 and Vooch like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Deep State of Louisiana!
    Posts
    19,309
    Member #
    65883
    Thanked
    75636 times
    I have a old 14' aluminum hull sunk I need to go retrieve, for Susan to make her garden! It will be a surprise for her! She has jalapeno's planted. Tomato plants for me along with some squash two different types.

    ca'jun56
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

  6. #5
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Posts
    5,816
    Member #
    64248
    Thanked
    19726 times
    Old truck tires work good too, the black rubber tires hold the heat from the sun shining on them.
    rob42049 and cajun56 like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

  7. #6
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,359
    Member #
    58382
    Thanked
    12675 times
    Hey Rob, those tub peppers go well with the roof turkey?



    Vooch

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    rob42049 likes this.

  8. #7
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    10,557
    Member #
    40194
    Thanked
    35509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vooch View Post
    Hey Rob, those tub peppers go well with the roof turkey?
    Vooch
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Picture0108190942_1.jpg

    It's a constant struggle to grow hot peppers here in the Northern Plains. They're a tropical species, so the plants are sensitive, and the weather is harsh in this part of America. Overhead is a hail screen, you can see the shadows on me, and anytime it goes below 40 degrees, I have to cover them, they hate the cool temps. If they get too cold, they won't die, they just won't grow any more, even after the weather warms up. They get turned off and stay off. Stunted. After they quit growing like that, you have to pull them, no sense leaving them in. The deer love to eat the whole plant, no matter how hot the fruits are, so I'm constantly guarding with the BB gun and Ol' Stainless. There are two scarecrows nearby, just out of the picture.

    All the work is worth it, my peppers are so hot, they make your toenails sweat. I sent some to no primers. He didn't complain.
    Vooch, no primers, cajun56 and 1 others like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

  9. #8
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In an old beaver swamp in upstate New York
    Posts
    5,816
    Member #
    64248
    Thanked
    19726 times
    Nope , just put some in my stew i made , there Awesome.
    Vooch and rob42049 like this.
    Supporter of USA Olympic shooting Team
    Since 1987.
    Team Oliver Tractor 550

  10. #9
    Certified Gunnut
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,359
    Member #
    58382
    Thanked
    12675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by no primers View Post
    Nope , just put some in my stew i made , there Awesome.
    Was it roof turkey stew?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Marlin Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Deep State of Louisiana!
    Posts
    19,309
    Member #
    65883
    Thanked
    75636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42049 View Post
    Picture0108190942_1.jpg

    It's a constant struggle to grow hot peppers here in the Northern Plains. They're a tropical species, so the plants are sensitive, and the weather is harsh in this part of America. Overhead is a hail screen, you can see the shadows on me, and anytime it goes below 40 degrees, I have to cover them, they hate the cool temps. If they get too cold, they won't die, they just won't grow any more, even after the weather warms up. They get turned off and stay off. Stunted. After they quit growing like that, you have to pull them, no sense leaving them in. The deer love to eat the whole plant, no matter how hot the fruits are, so I'm constantly guarding with the BB gun and Ol' Stainless. There are two scarecrows nearby, just out of the picture.

    All the work is worth it, my peppers are so hot, they make your toenails sweat. I sent some to no primers. He didn't complain.
    Hmmmmmmmmm! I never had my toenails sweat!

    The only time I had something below the belt sweat was when I forgot to wash my hands while we was grinding the peppers into mash at McIlhenny Co. Much less touch your face anywhere with your hands! Just the aroma cleaned out your sinus and heal cuts on your arms and hands! As for the pepper fields they was surrounded with 10' fences and we would still find deer in the pepper fields! Deer love them pepper plants!


    ca'jun56
    Vooch and rob42049 like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Today is National
    By no primers in forum On This Date In History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2018, 08:33 AM
  2. Today is National
    By no primers in forum On This Date In History
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2018, 06:02 AM
  3. Today is National
    By no primers in forum On This Date In History
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2018, 04:01 AM
  4. National day of prayer today may 2
    By 30wcf in forum Prayer Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM