Back to Basics
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AZsparrow
  • 1 Post By JACKTW

Thread: Back to Basics

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Back to Basics

Been using a laptop for many years, also phone and tablet, but I found a Dell mini tower at Goodwill, refurbished, yesterday. Bought it, loaded it and here I am. I really like the keyboard and wonder why I have bought and contended with keyboards on laptops for years. Total cost, $111, and change, mini tower, mouse, keyboard and CPU, plus a $30 wireless adapter. Much less than a new laptop with a lot more power to replace the years of frustration with the keyboards! Still learning Win 10.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Some years ago when I still worked, I used to have a "docking station" for my laptop that I liked. Just slide the laptop in the slot and use a regular keyboard, larger monitor, and mouse. I liked using it so much better that way and having the flexibility of still being mobile when wanting, that I had planned on getting one at home, but never actually got around to it. Anyway, I use a desktop my son built all the time now, loaded with just the software I actually use, and haven't touched a lap top for quite a while.
    256WinMag likes this.
    "Measure twice, cut once"... you can apply that to much in life.

Team 35 rem #483
    Team 30-30 #876
    Team Shotgun #2
    Team 60 (Model 75) #173
    Team 444 #592
    Team Old Pharts #193
    The Marlin League #160
    Team Winchester #36 ~ Team Captain
    Team Rossi #11
    Team BROWNING #1 ~ Team Captain
    Teams~ Glenfied #13, Wheelguns #36, Semi-Auto #21, Mitchell #8

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 256WinMag View Post
    Been using a laptop for many years, also phone and tablet, but I found a Dell mini tower at Goodwill, refurbished, yesterday. Bought it, loaded it and here I am. I really like the keyboard and wonder why I have bought and contended with keyboards on laptops for years. Total cost, $111, and change, mini tower, mouse, keyboard and CPU, plus a $30 wireless adapter. Much less than a new laptop with a lot more power to replace the years of frustration with the keyboards! Still learning Win 10.
    If you haven't already done so, download this: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

Classic Shell is a free desktop-enhancement tool for customizing your Windows Start menu, plus the task bar, file manager, and other parts of the interface.

I have the start menu set up as WIN7 which I really like.

Jack
    256WinMag likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links