How To Post Photo's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: How To Post Photo's

Super Moderator
    Member #

How To Post Photo's

How to post a photo stored on your computer:

Immediately above the text field find the "Insert Image" button that looks like this: image_button.png. Click on this button and it will open a window titled "Insert Image" to help you insert images into your text box. You will see two tabs, select the "From Computer" tab and then at the bottom of the box click "Select Files." This will open your computer's window where you can then simply navigate to your photo file.

NOTE: You can select up to 5 images by continuing to click the "select files" button before clicking the "Upload files" button.

How to upload a photo stored on Photobucket:

From the webpage for the photo you would like to link within your Photobucket account, under the "SHARE LINKS" box, copy the "IMG" link by clicking on it, and copy this into the MO text box.

That's it.

Jack
    Last edited by JACKTW; 05-25-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    TimR, AZsparrow, bakercity and 8 others like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks Jack this will make things easier for those of us who are a bit slow on the tech side of things.
    JACKTW, bakercity, xaris and 1 others like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    How to move a picture from another article here. I believe this may be called cut and past. I have seen pictures, like on a gun parts retailer sights like Midways. I would like to learn if there is a way to add a picture from their sight to this one. I'M sure my wife knows how to do it but we are out of coffee and sugar this morning and I DARE NOT ASK HER. I better get off here and go to the store.
    JACKTW, bakercity, Kevin.M and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I got some coffee and sugar for my wife and she showed me how to do the above task. Thank any way.
    JACKTW, bakercity, Kevin.M and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Gabby, that is a good question. For those who don't know I'll explain how I do it. Should your wife's method prove easier then do tell.

From another website, highlight the photo and/or right click on the photo, a small window will open - click on "save image as" and your computer will open a system window, navigate to the folder you wish to save the photo in, click open, click save.

Then follow the above steps to upload the photo to your post.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Gabby, that is a good question. For those who don't know I'll explain how I do it. Should your wife's method prove easier then do tell.

From another website, highlight the photo and/or right click on the photo, a small window will open - click on "save image as" and your computer will open a system window, navigate to the folder you wish to save the photo in, click open, click save.

Then follow the above steps to upload the photo to your post.

Jack
    That's what I do with those, not sure if the only way? I usually just save it to my desktop first so it's easier to find to then post in MO; then it either goes into the recycle bin/trash afterwards if done with it, or move/drag elsewhere later if wanting to keep it.
    "Measure twice, cut once"... you can apply that to much in life.

Team 35 rem #483
    Team 30-30 #876
    Team Shotgun #2
    Team 60 (Model 75) #173
    Team 444 #592
    Team Old Pharts #193
    The Marlin League #160
    Team Winchester #36 ~ Team Captain
    Team Rossi #11
    Team BROWNING #1 ~ Team Captain
    Teams~ Glenfied #13, Wheelguns #36, Semi-Auto #21, Mitchell #8

Contributing Member
    Member #
    If you have an account on Flickr, you can do these steps:

Go to your flickr page and click on the picture you want to include

flikr 1.jpg

With the picture now up, click on the arrow icon for the 'share' dialog

flikr 2.jpg

In the share dialog, select the BBCode tab

flikr 3.jpg

Select the resolution you want to post (smaller loads faster but is, well smaller)

flikr 4.jpg

Click in the text to select it, hit CTRL-C on a PC, not sure about Macs, and the link is selected

flikr 5.jpg

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Then just paste the link into your post. Don't use the picture icon or you will get an error.

IMG_1789_warm by William Rust, on Flickr

Alternately, you can edit the link, removing everything that doesn't look like this valid URL from the image above and paste that into the URL of the picture button (from Jack's instructions above). Look at the URL entry in the image to see the edited link:

flikr 6.jpg

Giving you this:

17099954524_4a54e1a5a6_h.jpg
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-27-2015 at 05:18 AM.
    JACKTW and Reload like this.

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #
    These instructions are all good. There is a Caveat that I would like to point out. If you upload pics to Marlin Owners they will stay.

Reason I point this out is if you are posting a picture for reference (such as our reference library), and you link it from photobucket, and you do not use the web sight often your pics may be dropped. Then you will have a image no longer available in it's place.

If you have a photos you re share often in different threads, Click go advanced below the quick reply, this will link you to photos you have previously uploaded.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Jacktw, my wife did it like you suggested, its very easy only I wish I could have included the whole link. I was trying to give every one who is interested in mounting a bi-pold on a M1a a better way of doing it. Thanks everyone for there input. I am dumb as a box of rocks and have to do things repetively in order to remember how its done. And yes I'm one of those guys that has to pee on an electric fence at least once a year to remember I don't want to do that again.
    JACKTW, bakercity, Reload and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links