Chinese 7.62x39
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Chinese 7.62x39

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Chinese 7.62x39

Found a box of Norinco China Sports 7.62x39. From what I read online ammo from China was banned in 1993. Cost at time of being banned was around $3.00. This is the red box having copper washed cases headstamp is 351 over 93, and it is loaded with 124gr soft points. I see online that there is as many as 8-10 other box styles out there. I am collecting this mainly to go with my Norinco SKS.

Does any of the membership have any from back in the day or recall quality of ammo or lack of?
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    I always thought that the Chinese steel core. copper washed shot better in my SKSs than any of the european ammo including the brass case lead core Yugo which came in 2nd. I imagine that there are more than a few cases of it rat holed away.

We had a SKS side match here last week. Offhand at 50Y, using a small 6" black bull NRA target. Although I have a few nice ones (SKSs), I elected to shoot a VN Chinese built Bring Back that looks like it had laid years in the jungle! I mean really ugly as in VERY rough wood & big rust pits every where. Inside though it was fine. Used the same ammo that you are talking about & won the match easily.
    I have great respect for Mr. Simonov's rifle, having been on the receiving end of it. By the way, that is the same ammo that the VC were using. We captured & burned a lot of it.

Member #
    Is the chinese sks a lot different than the russian? Is it a better shooter, more quality? One would instantly think of course the russian would be leaps better, but there seems to be tons of the chinese rifles and they seem to keep going and going. I passed on a Tula made one for $350 exactly 2 years ago this month, I recall cause I had just got married and that "helped" me pass lol
    gunscrewguy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Site Contributor Gunfighter
    Member #
    Best is yugo67 ammo. I still have a bunch someway. Its good ammo, just remember to clean it well

Deadeye
    Member #
    I thought I read that is was corrosive, so yeah keep it clean.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Member #
    This box has non-corrosive, non mercuric primers. I have read that some of the chinese ammo is indeed corrosive
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I still have some Old Chinese Norinco in a silver box. On the front it has a picture of kids playing with what looks like fireworks---it is a drawing in black line on the silver box. The picture of happy kids playing. Originally it came inside a 600rd spam can. It has FMJ head and was banned because it is steel core ammo.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thirty,
    At one time there was several cases of 7.62-39 ammo here, A mixed lot boxes from different makers. I'll take a look and see whats left. I sold off all my SKS Norinco rifles and a lot of the ammo years ago. Don't know what may be lurking in the hoard of ammo cans. Back in my day of SKS playing, I was buying NIB Norinco rifles for $69.00 each. (had 10 of them at one time still in original boxes) Wish I had them now. 1000 round case of ammo was $75.00. The good old days of burning lots of ammo.
    `57
    Shoot that Marlin `93, that`s what they were made for.

Avatar photo; my GGF, b 1830/ d --, Civil War Vet.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I was testing some Russkie and Chinese ammo back in the 80s. The range was indoors and just before I started the main guy suggested I hold my breath while shooting it. I asked why and he said, we think it may be casiongenic. (No idea how to spell that).
    gunscrewguy likes this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Norinco made decent blasting ammo. The Chinese do AK and SKS stuff well.
    gunscrewguy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links