Chinese 7.62x39 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Chinese 7.62x39

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quality-wise Poly-Tech (State factory 26) builds the best Chinese guns. They are stamped with the number 26 in a triangle.

AC

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by `57 Golden 39A Mountie View Post
    Thirty,
    At one time there was several cases of 7.62-39 ammo here, A mixed lot boxes from different makers. I'll take a look and see whats left. I sold off all my SKS Norinco rifles and a lot of the ammo years ago. Don't know what may be lurking in the hoard of ammo cans. Back in my day of SKS playing, I was buying NIB Norinco rifles for $69.00 each. (had 10 of them at one time still in original boxes) Wish I had them now. 1000 round case of ammo was $75.00. The good old days of burning lots of ammo.
    `57
    Yes good Ol Days of cheap SKS and Norinco RPK's. Used them for hunting pig as a beater rifle that you just did not care about cosmetics.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by .DIRTY-.THIRTY View Post
    This box has non-corrosive, non mercuric primers. I have read that some of the chinese ammo is indeed corrosive
    I've shot a fair amount of late 70s Chinese milsurp 7.62x39; Cabelas often has crates of 1500 for about $300 up here. With iron sights, it's about as accurate as I am, but filthy as heck and stinks like Communism.

If yours is non-corrosive, it would be a lot better than that stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by `57 Golden 39A Mountie View Post
    Thirty,
    At one time there was several cases of 7.62-39 ammo here, A mixed lot boxes from different makers. I'll take a look and see whats left. I sold off all my SKS Norinco rifles and a lot of the ammo years ago. Don't know what may be lurking in the hoard of ammo cans. Back in my day of SKS playing, I was buying NIB Norinco rifles for $69.00 each. (had 10 of them at one time still in original boxes) Wish I had them now. 1000 round case of ammo was $75.00. The good old days of burning lots of ammo.
    `57
    Thirty,
    I checked the inventory here and didn't find ANY boxed 7.62x39 ammo. I must have sold it off when the price rose to a good profit margin.
    There are several single cartridges in the collection.
    `57
    .DIRTY-.THIRTY likes this.
    Shoot that Marlin `93, that`s what they were made for.

Avatar photo; my GGF, b 1830/ d --, Civil War Vet.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Back in the early 80's 7,62x39 was a real hard round to find. I had a blade bayonet Chinese made SKS that was a VN bringback...and like yours it was super rough. It even had a bullet strike in the buttstock and another that compromised the hadguard/gas tube. In Keng's firearms early days they had a few rough imported parts for SKS's and I got a serviceable gas tube assy from them so my SKS was no longer a single shot. In the mid to late 80's I could buy 1100 round cases of Chinese 7,62x39 - two tins per crate and in 10 round chargers at $79 delivered. All late 60's through early 70's dated and it all went bang and shot nicely. I had as well a tula 1951 all matched but the mag box VN bringback in minty shape. The beater Chinese sks outshot the russki example all day long. The Chinese knockoff SKS rifles made in the 60's and 70's were fine rifles. Much more than their russki counterparts. I see anymore some fellas selling that era steel cored Chinese ball like it's rare. It's not. But some think it's equivalent to AP..it's not. Nonetheless it's good ammo but not worth what the market types want for it. Several of my friends stashed a lot of that ball ammo away when it was dirt cheap back then , can't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder65 View Post
    I always thought that the Chinese steel core. copper washed shot better in my SKSs than any of the european ammo including the brass case lead core Yugo which came in 2nd. I imagine that there are more than a few cases of it rat holed away.

We had a SKS side match here last week. Offhand at 50Y, using a small 6" black bull NRA target. Although I have a few nice ones (SKSs), I elected to shoot a VN Chinese built Bring Back that looks like it had laid years in the jungle! I mean really ugly as in VERY rough wood & big rust pits every where. Inside though it was fine. Used the same ammo that you are talking about & won the match easily.
    I have great respect for Mr. Simonov's rifle, having been on the receiving end of it. By the way, that is the same ammo that the VC were using. We captured & burned a lot of it.
    Mark1894 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links