Your empty brass only examples?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By papajohn

Thread: Your empty brass only examples?

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Your empty brass only examples?

I have half a dozen or more of just empty brass examples that I have no chance at ever having a loaded example such as my .256 Newton. Do you guys collect brass only examples?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by .DIRTY-.THIRTY View Post
    I have half a dozen or more of just empty brass examples that I have no chance at ever having a loaded example such as my .256 Newton. Do you guys collect brass only examples?
    Yes, Thirty. But when a loaded round comes along, the empty gets set aside or passed along.
    Nothing wrong with having an empty to fill a hole in the collection until the real thing shows up.
    `57
    Shoot that Marlin `93, that`s what they were made for.

Avatar photo; my GGF, b 1830/ d --, Civil War Vet.

3. 07-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Banned

Reason
    Spam and/or unwanted content

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I was not above finding an appropriate bullet and sticking in in the neck of an empty round to imitate a loaded round for the display. If the neck was loose sometimes I'd use a spacer, (like a fired round in a shorter caliber) to support the bullet and make it the proper length.

And as '57 said above, when the loaded round finally became available, I swapped the fake out and used it for trade bait, or gave it away. But since I love photographing headstamps, quite often that's all I ever did with the empties.

A few examples, because.......well, just because!

I've got a bunch of others, but those can wait for a rainy day........
    We're at the point where Hamas are freedom fighters and the NRA is a terrorist organization. —Twitter satirist @hale_razor

5. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I was not above finding an appropriate bullet and sticking in in the neck of an empty round to imitate a loaded round for the display. If the neck was loose sometimes I'd use a spacer, (like a fired round in a shorter caliber) to support the bullet and make it the proper length.

And as '57 said above, when the loaded round finally became available, I swapped the fake out and used it for trade bait, or gave it away. But since I love photographing headstamps, quite often that's all I ever did with the empties.

A few examples, because.......well, just because!

I've got a bunch of others, but those can wait for a rainy day........
    lever30 likes this.
    We're at the point where Hamas are freedom fighters and the NRA is a terrorist organization. —Twitter satirist @hale_razor

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I have a few hundred cartridges in my hoarde, it's not a collection. I do keep odd ball brass but it's for reloading purposes if a gun ever comes my way. I do have dummy cartridges made up to cycle guns without worrying about a mishap while working on them. If I wanted to seat a bullet in a odd ball case it wouldn't be that hard. I have loaded odd balls with use of different sizing dies from several sets. It's a PIA but not that hard if you have a lot of die sets.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links