Your empty brass only examples?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By papajohn

Thread: Your empty brass only examples?

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Your empty brass only examples?

I have half a dozen or more of just empty brass examples that I have no chance at ever having a loaded example such as my .256 Newton. Do you guys collect brass only examples?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by .DIRTY-.THIRTY View Post
    I have half a dozen or more of just empty brass examples that I have no chance at ever having a loaded example such as my .256 Newton. Do you guys collect brass only examples?
    Yes, Thirty. But when a loaded round comes along, the empty gets set aside or passed along.
    Nothing wrong with having an empty to fill a hole in the collection until the real thing shows up.
    `57
    Shoot that Marlin `93, that`s what they were made for.

Avatar photo; my GGF, b 1830/ d --, Civil War Vet.

3. 07-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Banned

Reason
    Spam and/or unwanted content

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I was not above finding an appropriate bullet and sticking in in the neck of an empty round to imitate a loaded round for the display. If the neck was loose sometimes I'd use a spacer, (like a fired round in a shorter caliber) to support the bullet and make it the proper length.

And as '57 said above, when the loaded round finally became available, I swapped the fake out and used it for trade bait, or gave it away. But since I love photographing headstamps, quite often that's all I ever did with the empties.

A few examples, because.......well, just because!

I've got a bunch of others, but those can wait for a rainy day........
    "Why is Twitter censoring the official White House account of our government while allowing Iran's supreme leader to tweet death notices to Jews and Israel?" —Charlie Kirk

5. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I was not above finding an appropriate bullet and sticking in in the neck of an empty round to imitate a loaded round for the display. If the neck was loose sometimes I'd use a spacer, (like a fired round in a shorter caliber) to support the bullet and make it the proper length.

And as '57 said above, when the loaded round finally became available, I swapped the fake out and used it for trade bait, or gave it away. But since I love photographing headstamps, quite often that's all I ever did with the empties.

A few examples, because.......well, just because!

I've got a bunch of others, but those can wait for a rainy day........
    lever30 likes this.
    "Why is Twitter censoring the official White House account of our government while allowing Iran's supreme leader to tweet death notices to Jews and Israel?" —Charlie Kirk

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I have a few hundred cartridges in my hoarde, it's not a collection. I do keep odd ball brass but it's for reloading purposes if a gun ever comes my way. I do have dummy cartridges made up to cycle guns without worrying about a mishap while working on them. If I wanted to seat a bullet in a odd ball case it wouldn't be that hard. I have loaded odd balls with use of different sizing dies from several sets. It's a PIA but not that hard if you have a lot of die sets.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links