Bad boy, bad snake
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gabby1956

Thread: Bad boy, bad snake

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Bad boy, bad snake

When I was 7 I would put my bike in my Grandpa's 16 foot skiff. I would wait for a south wind and shove out to the sound and drift fish a island that was about 1 mile long. When I got to the end I would shove about 300 yards back to a boat landing and tie my boat up. I then would drag my bike out and ride it home instead of shoving the boat back into the wind. My Father was stationed in Maryland at the time and worried about me and all the cotton mouths around so he took great pains in educating me about snakes. Little did he know I would gain a great love for them and always catching whatever got in my path to show off for my friends. It did'nt matter what brand they where I'd just pin em down if poisonous and I would milk them for my friends amusement. One day I pulled up to the dock and Mrs. Sawayer who lived at the landing, called me and said come here boy I know you know alot about snakes come get this one off my porch. It was a King snake about 4 ft. long biggest one I ever saw so I caught him and started walking home with him wrapping around my arm like a Python. I forgot my bike. I was going to show him to my Dad. When I came to the stop sign on Hog Quarter road I saw my uncle Benny coming driving Grandpa's old stake bed Ford. Benny was afraid of snakes so I took my T-shirt off and tied the snake up in it and flagged him down. When we got on the dirt road leading into the farm, the snake found a way out of my T-shirt and slizard into uncle Benny's lap. That was all she wrote for him cause he jumped out the truck and left me and the snake headed for Grandpa's apple tree. Wham, we mowed over the 7 foot tree, ruint the hood took out the fan, battery and radiator. Daddy almost spent his month's pay repairing Grandpa's truck. Could'nt get a ride from anyone there after. I could not understand why Granpa cut both apple trees down until much later in life. I thought he did it out of spite because I tore up his truck. I NEVER ASKED HIM BUT SURE MISSED THOSE SOFT BALL SIZED GREEN APPLES. Later I realized thaT it took two trees to make a crop. BAD BOY ,BAD SNAKE.
    4T57T and skratch like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Ya live, ya learn.
    I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Great story

Matt
    Team 39 #8 1892, CB, Mountie-Oct ,Mountie
    Team 38-55 #14 CB
    Team 1984 #76 CB 44-40, S 44, CSS 357, CBC 38, 22Mag,
    Team 30-30 #207 CB, Texan
    Team 45/70 #263 CB, GS

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links