I don't know...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: I don't know...

Gunfighter
    Member #

I don't know...

I'm not really sure if this qualifies to be here or not. But there was a really weird happening that I almost witnessed back in 1981. We had just bought a house near the big airport outside of Houston. Well... Spring actually. My wife had a couple of uncles that lived in San Antonio. The oldest and his family had come down and visited a couple of times, so we went up and had a visit with them. We stayed around there neighborhood most of the first day. Then we played the tourist card and saw the sites. After we finished a long tour of the Alamo, we walked a short distance to the "River Walk". Her uncle said the keep a short leash on our girls (at the time about 5 and 8, there was always some meanness going on there.

As we were starting around a little bend, there were several "street" people begging for money. But there was this one young guy, maybe in his mid 20s, just had a look of pure evil. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He was sitting with his butt on the dirt looking out from under his eye lids, he just looked all wrong for where he was. It was in the paper the next day there was a stabbing / robbery in that area that evening. I read that in the paper and the hair on the back of my neck stood up AGAIN.

I never spoke of it to anyone but just to mention it to my wife years later. This is the first time outside of that mention I've even put it down on "paper".

I hope it makes you feel creepy. Just thinking of it now, I do.

I think most all of us occasionally are closer to evil than we realize at the time. Stay alert.
    Victor NRA Life Member
    Team 45-70 member #1581
    Team Old "Pharts" # 336

Wrangler
    Member #
    I tell my fiancee all the time "put the phone down and pay attention to your surroundings" especially if we go to the city
    Victor N TN, mikom, Arky73 and 1 others like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    That feeling used to be called instinct, but people mostly pay no attention to it these days. The electronic leash captures all their attention.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that makes a difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I was talking to our oldest grandson (3rd year college student) the other day. He had asked me a question about something. I told him to go with his gut feeling. He looked at me funny and said he wasn't sure what I was talking about. Oh well... I tried. I really tried.
    JohnD13, Arky73, lever30 and 1 others like this.
    Victor NRA Life Member
    Team 45-70 member #1581
    Team Old "Pharts" # 336

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    And listen to that little voice in your head!
    Yesterday I was younger

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Evil walks the Earth. You never know where you may encounter it.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    My wife used to work for the police here. She knew two young brothers, kids at the time and said to me once, 'they are both bad, but the younger is evil bad and will kill someone one day'. Other officers agreed. You guessed it. It was just in the blood, maybe a miswire in the brain? No idea, but they could see it.

Me, I got used to assuming bad people are all round me. Everyone who comes close, as much as I can anyway, is assumed to be trouble. If anything dosent feel right I back away, or prepare for defensive action. I look around me all the time, what can I use and how? What do I have in my pockets? Keys are surprisingly effective for defence used properly, and who hasn't got keys in their pockets. A good guy taught me that one. Plan ahead.. those two guys standing near my car, swing out and put distance between us. Take blind corners wide when walking so you dont suddenly come face to face with someone, its called keyholing. Lots more. It will get tiring and boring so make a game of it. Like those womans creams, 'Your worth it'.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Many years ago so it seems now, I was asking some people to leave the estate politely (I always ask politely the first time). One guy was sitting on his butt with his hands behind his back and I new he was a bad one, he said if I gave them any trouble he would borrow a shooter and come back and blow me away. I told him that he had best prey he saw me before I saw him or it would only end one way. They left, I had 6 dogs with me and my 30-30 in my hand, to this day I would stake my life he had a open razor behind his back (not a knife). My boss once gave me a piece of advice " always take a gun to a knife fight" and another friend " it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". dead men tell no tails .Gar.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I have been in a store before and someone walk past, and I feel something in my gut when they go by. Several times, that feeling has been right.

I worked part time for the local ambulance service for about 12 years. We hauled a guy one time that we had to restrain. The hospital would not let us use handcuffs. I got a couple of rolls of "Kling" bandage material and doubled it over. It's stretchy and kind of like a bungy or shock cord. It's so stretchy you almost can't break it. We had to restrain him before we put him in the ambulance. I don't know what kind of DOPE he was on. But he sure was crazy on it.
    tranteruk and mr surveyor like this.
    Victor NRA Life Member
    Team 45-70 member #1581
    Team Old "Pharts" # 336

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    About 20yrs ago we had a lot of trouble in deer season keeping trespassers off our grounds. Area was getting a rep for big bucks and plentiful herd. We had large parties from up north that came in and stayed at motels. They traveled in convoys and would just stop where ever they felt like, away from view of houses. I got in some heated arguments with several bunches. I never liked approaching them alone. Ohio passed written permission law and those things don't occur anymore. I have a few stories that I'm not sure if legal limitations have run out, but I did put the fear of God in a few.
    tranteruk, RESIII and Victor N TN like this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links