Saw my first B25 in 30 years
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Saw my first B25 in 30 years

Sidewinder
    Member #

Saw my first B25 in 30 years

Was working in Louisville late yesterday afternoon and had a B25 fly right over while gassing the company truck up. Then got to LaGrange 30-40 mins later and it was flying over there and back and forth to Louisville. First time I've seen and heard a B25 since 1991 at an airshow in Allaire NewJerkistaniland. The young kid with me never saw or heard one before , so as millenials do he took a lot of pics with his phone.Gave me a chance to give him a history lessen on that plane and how my late Uncle frank was a navigator R/O in one during WW2. Really made my day.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    I saw a B25 at an airport one time on the ground. I have a transmission repair shop in the small town of Walterboro SC it is a mile from the airport. about 2 years ago I heard a plane right over my head tree top level fixin to land, I looked up and there was a brand new looking P51 mustang! it had a red tail and was pure shining silver. at that airport the Tuskegee airman trained in WW2,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone,,,,,,,,,

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gew98 View Post
    Was working in Louisville late yesterday afternoon and had a B25 fly right over while gassing the company truck up. Then got to LaGrange 30-40 mins later and it was flying over there and back and forth to Louisville. First time I've seen and heard a B25 since 1991 at an airshow in Allaire NewJerkistaniland. The young kid with me never saw or heard one before , so as millenials do he took a lot of pics with his phone.Gave me a chance to give him a history lessen on that plane and how my late Uncle frank was a navigator R/O in one during WW2. Really made my day.
    It's always a treat to see and hear them when they go by. Glad you enjoyed it.

I was at the pond on Saturday and watched the B-25 "Champaign Gal" fly by.

She is hangared at Grimes Airport in Urbana, OH.

Being in the cradle of aviation, the Dayton area, lots of warbirds regularly come by.

A ride in "Champaign Gal" is $425. (Oops, had to correct the name).

I want to go but I'm too bloody fat!

I love the sound of round engines.

Gr8rtst.
    Last edited by Gr8rtst; 06-11-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    kah64, gunscrewguy, mikom and 5 others like this.
    USAF 1973-77 - Served proudly & Honorably
    NRA Life/Endowment Member - American Legion member
    "A knight in tarnished armor " - born in the USA . . . so, I guess that makes me a 'native American'.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    The Japanese saw their first B-25s only four months after Pearl Harbor. Doolittle raid made them realize they were vulnerable.

I haven't seen one in years, but saw a B-17 last year flying just south of Indy.

Keith
    Last edited by kah64; 06-11-2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    There were many B-25s that were on hand to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle at the National Museum of the USAF.

Eleven showed up for the fly-by, but a day earlier, there were, I believe seventeen B-25s gathered at Grimes Airport for an amazing day of fly-bys and rides.

I have hundreds of images I took and posted many on the thread then.

Gr8rtst.
    mikom, msharley, M700 and 5 others like this.
    USAF 1973-77 - Served proudly & Honorably
    NRA Life/Endowment Member - American Legion member
    "A knight in tarnished armor " - born in the USA . . . so, I guess that makes me a 'native American'.

ere
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OLSKOOL View Post
    at that airport the Tuskegee airman trained in WW2,,,,,,,,,,
    I drive by that airport when going to visit my son in Goose Creek. Some day I'm going to stop and check it out.
    JMAG54, kah64 and Victor N TN like this.

ere
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I used to live near an airport in FL that had alot of warbird activity. Never knew what might fly by. T^ Texans and P51's were based there and flew regularly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    msharley, M700, JMAG54 and 7 others like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Pretty doggone cool ere.

Thanks for posting those great photos!

Guy

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8rtst View Post
    There were many B-25s that were on hand to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle at the National Museum of the USAF.

Eleven showed up for the fly-by, but a day earlier, there were, I believe seventeen B-25s gathered at Grimes Airport for an amazing day of fly-bys and rides.

I have hundreds of images I took and posted many on the thread then.

Gr8rtst.
    I heard an interview with an actor a couple weeks ago talking about his role in a Netflix or something like it sponsored remake of Catch 22. Wonder if the B25 scenes will be anywhere near as great as the original Film was.
    Victor N TN likes this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I was going to a friend's house to help him doing some wiring back before my health went south, and had to pull off on the shoulder of the Interstate highway I was on. From a long way off I thought I saw a funny looking plane. As it got closer I recognized it as a WW2 bomber. As it got even closer, I saw it was a B-29. Prettiest, shiniest, biggest old plane I ever saw. Well outside of a P-52 Mustang, anyway. But I'm sure the other people passing by my truck that day thought something was wrong with me. When I finally shook myself out of the stupor I was in, I found out I had been sitting there on the shoulder of the road with my mouth open and coffee dribbled down my shirt. But for a moment in time I felt like a kid again. That's the only time I ever saw a B-29.
    mikom, jeepwm69 and Gabby1956 like this.
    Victor NRA Life Member
    Team 45-70 member #1581
    Team Old "Pharts" # 336

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links