Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

I know some have experienced this.. this is not a thread to make light of things we can't explain.. It's not a thread to bash someone for telling of an incident that happened to them that may be paranormal in nature..

This is for Discussion and Sharing if you have had experinces that are way beyond imagination even...

No making fun of anyone posting here, or challenging what they say.. We all know the mind can play strange tricks on you at times.. and whether it was a dream or reality no one can prove either way.. ..

From UFO's to BIG FOOT.. GHOST to STRANGE CREATURES LURKING .. I know more than one has had something happen to them or their family..

Will you dare posting and sharing.. ?

Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Re: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

I will start this rolling..

OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES

I have had this happen twice in my life .. truth or fiction I have no clue but it happend..

I was hit by a pickup on my bike when I was about 9 years old.. As true as I am typing this I remember getting up, walking to the house next to me and ringing the door bell yelling for help,, then walking back and laying back down in my own body.. It was a real to me as anything else in life.

The second event was during this also.. in the Hospital I remember looking down on me on the operating table as they were working on me.. I was not near death as it was told to me, but did sustain a serious smack to my head as it took off the turnsignal of the 1953 Pick up that I peddled from a driveway onto the road in front of.. My fault completely.. ... and I guess I bounced down the road some.. go figure.. LOL

Unexplainable .. yes.. did it happen? I would take a lie detector test and have to say yes it happend just as I stated..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

I dreamed that a very large rock was coming at me at very high speed and there was nothing I could do to get out of it's way. Very frightful to say the least to a 14 year old to have such a night mare. Next day was Saturday and opening day of Pheasant season, my father and two brothers were on a flushing drive across a field, don't know if anyone has ever seen it but it's called chain or ball lightning, a large ball of lightning came straight at me and I could not move out of it's way, it passed at least 50 above my head but looked like it was going to hit me. Back to my dream it was a rock but it was spooky to say the least to believe you had a premenition in a dream that came true.

Now if I could just dream of all those on my LIST.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

COR
    Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

In 2007 just north of Freeman Reservoir in Northwest Colorado (just north of Craig) while hunting Elk and Bear during 2nd Rifle I heard a screaming like I had never heard before coming from way above me and it was getting increasingly louder over a period of about 2hrs seeming to be headed my direction. The "animal" seemed big by the noise but it is hard to say for sure. Anyone that has experienced a "Howler" Monkey knows what I mean. The best was to describe it is a Shriek like a person yelling or screaming but in one tone throughout the "call" as it faded at the end of the yell, kinda like you were outta breath. I stayed pu t'til dark to catch a glimpse of this thing but to no avail...I had a long walk out that night and I swear to you all that I was followed out to about a mile from the trailhead, but it may have been my own mind. I have spent a lot of my life in the woods and although I am not as familiar with western hunting as folks from there I still cannot tell you what that was. It seemed large and it seemd to be coming down the series of beaver ponds that are just north of the reservoir.

I have been across the world as a USMC Sniper and spent time in Jungles of South America as well as the African and Albanian "wilderness" and I can assure you that this night I was scared of whatever I heard. I walked out "at the ready" with my rifle in my hands.... Well that's my experience.

Sidewinder
    Member #

About 3/4 mile from our old homeplace, where I still live, is a country church and graveyard started by my ancestors in the 1860s. One summer day my two brothers and I (ages running in the 12-15 range) were on our bicycles out near the graveyard. We all heard a noise and looked up. There was a tall pine tree a little way outside the cemetery fence, and out of the top of that tree a coffin was falling and breaking off limbs as it came down. We heard it hit the ground in the woods with a crash. In wild excitement, we rode them bicycles home and told Mama about it. We were so worked up that she did not doubt for a minute that were telling the truth. She got us in the car and drove back out there. We looked and looked, and never found a trace of anything. All three of us boys had seen and heard exactly the same thing. We still talk about that day sometimes.
    Robert E. Lee might've give up, but I ain't.

Have gun, will farr.

Tinhorn
    Member #

When i was about 15 years old my father and i were driving on a rural county hiway at about 3 in the afternoon when i looked down this vally that the road skirted. i saw a silver colored object come out of the valley. it was about a half mile away, it didnt look that big maybe three feet across and it was round. i thought it was a party balloon but it came up to a certain altitude and stayed till we went out of sight. it was a very bright silver i belive because i was looking east and the sun was starting to go down in the west. dont know what it was, never felt uneasy about it but the memory has stuck with me for all these years. just recently people have started reporting the same thing about 70 miles south west of where i live. i have saw swamp gas before and also this was in broad open daylight with out a cloud in the sky so i know it wasent ball lightning. i would really like to see this again just out of curiosity.

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

Don't know what it was, but a friend and I were tossing a Frisbee around out in the street at night under the lights, crickets, frogs and other critters of the night were singing to their hearts delight. At the moment my buddy threw the frisbee the world went completely silent, no frogs,crickets nothing and then it was almost like a pressure air wave struck us, we could feel this "wave" go through us and it was gone in less than a blink of an eye, all things back to normal....gave me the creeps. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS
    "The only chance you get to do it right....is the first time."

There are Rules...Read Them!! CYA.....Cover your ass!
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/s...ite-rules.html

Site Contributor-Certified Marlin & Milsurp Rifle Nut Super Moderator
    Member #

I can add to this.

A few years ago my grandma and grandpa moved into an old house down in Angleton texas built in 1907, and supposedly the brother of the man they bought it from died there, but back in the 1860's it used to be a slave farm for cotton, the old cotton gin and well was still on it. The first night they were there, I went to go lock the french doors in the newly built room, which wasn't finished yet, and the locks weren't on the door, so we were just shoving a cylinder block in front of it to keep animals out at night. As I was shoving the cylinder block up against the door, I started to get up and when I stood up and looked out the door I was met with 2 piercing green eyes staring at me. I screamed a few explicit words and the eyes ran back to the guest house across from the main house. The figure was tall, had to be to be eye level with me standing outside looking at me through the door. Fast forward a few months I started living there. Frequently every night my grandma said she would wake up and hear footsteps, someone walking around the house when everyone was asleep, and would also constantly wake up and see a little boy standing in the doorway of the living room looking at her. One morning my mom woke up screaming, because someone whispered into her ear, "get up honey, its time to go to work" and she could feel the breath on her ear. One mid day I was helping to paint the living room, and I saw a black figure go past the window in the kitchen, and then walk back to the guest house. A couple of months after we were painting the living room, my grandma died, and then in february of 08 my mother died in the house. After she died it seemed like things calmed down, until I went over there one day to take her ashes home with me. Several months later me and my best friend spent the night there with my grandpa and bbq'ed, shot guns, and just had a good time. Later that night we were out looking for yodel dogs, and on our way back we saw these piercing red eyes coming from the guest house watching us, we ran back into the house as fast as we could. My grandpa finally sold the house when he heard all the glasses in the kitchen crash to the floor and a loud GET OUT!!!!!

My family used to hunt out in west texas as you know, very near to Fort McCavit, one night we heard battle drums and the battle flute. Not as weird as it could have been, but interesting anyways.

Here lately paranormal activity has started sparking back up in my house, nothing serious, almost poltergeist like but none the less weird things have been occurring.

EDIT: I need to clarify that the get out my grandpa heard was not the ghostly get outs you hear in the movies, but rather an angry man actually screaming GET OUT.

LT
    Contributing Member
    Member #

Hmmm... lets see. Probably any discussion that I've ever had with someone that's either far left or far right. No common sense what so ever...
    joel lee, lever30 and Victor N TN like this.
    Team 35 Member #3

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Catherine, this is for you. True story. My wife and I used to visit her parents every Sunday. About 30 years ago we
    were visiting them and my father in law got a phone call from the neighbor up the street to come up and see his old
    stove he bought. Carl says to me, come along and see it. We go up knock on the door and Tony let's us in. His wife
    Ermania was from Italy and a very sickly lady. She came into the kitchen in a robe and bedroom slippers and greeted
    us in her very hospitable way. The guys then proceeded into the garage to look at this old stove. I really had no interest in it so I sat on his lawn tractor seat. Well I hear foot steps like those made from bedroom slippers on concrete. Kind of a shuffling scraping sound. Then I feel a hand pat me across the top of my back from right shoulder across to the left shoulder as I'm hearing the strange foot steps. Well I thought it was Tony's wife Ermania
    so as the back pats stop and I still hear the foot steps to my left, I look to say "Hi" to Ermania and she is not there.
    I mean nobody, no one, nada is there yet I still hear the foot steps heading for Tony's workshop just outback of the
    garage. Carl my father in law looks at me weird cause at that moment I was flushed red he said. We leave Tony's
    garage and start walking toward Carl's house. He says, "what happened in there?" I reply "not a thing". He says
    bull crap, something happened, now what was it. I won't tell him so he stops and tells me we are not going another
    step till I tell him. (cont'd)
    Thump em with a .35 caliber and they stay
    thumped. Team 35 member #17. Team 3
    30-30 member # 98. Team .32 Special #5. NRA Life Member. USN 7/10/69 - 12/6/73. Operation Homecoming Staff, Clark Air Base, Philippines.
    Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.
    My proud Navajo name: T'adoh-'aash (He wanders around)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links