Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

I have had two wierd experiences and both were while I was in the military , go figure .
    The first was when I was in tech school at Chanute Ill. We had just marched back from class and were standing in formation for Commanders call , very boring stuff for a teenager . Any way I'm standing there bored and ready to be dissmissed for the day and while looking around I spot the only cloud in the sky and it was shaped perfectly like a coffin ,handles and all . After pointing this out to a couple guys near me I hear my name called and told to report to the First Sargents office after formation . Well when I got to the sargents office he sat me down and told me they got word my favorite uncle ( Jake ) had passed from a heart attack and the family wanted me to come home for the funeral .
    The second was out in the dessert at White Sands Missile Range in NM . It was 1979 and we spent three months there preping for an excursion in the sand box . We had resurected a couple old abandoned army barracs to stay in and we were working 12 hour shifts . Well the barracs were just a large open room so if you weren't ready for sleep after your shift you hung out outside to keep the noise down for those sleeping . Well a small group of us walked over to a rock outcrop to sit and BS for awhile it was just after midnight and with a clear sky and no lights for probably 50 miles in any direction the stars seemed close enough to touch . We were gazing at the stars and BSing when one of the stars started to move and someone said it must be a satellite until it started changing speed and direction . Well we were all taken aback and speechless , then it got larger and started moving at speeds and patterns that were beyond anything we could explain . Well after what seemed to be about a ten minute show it dissappeared out into space getting smaller until it was gone . Needless to say the only remark we agreed on was we didn't see a thing . You know the crazy stigma . Well our group wasn't the only one to see this happening and the next day the commander called a meeting and told us that this thing had been reported to him by one of the helicopter crew chiefs . The only thing he said was that we are on a closed military compound surrounded by facilities from every defense contractor in America and every branch of the military including Nasa . This was the last he wanted to hear about anything seen or heard on this facility . A couple years later I saw a news report about the same thing being seen from El Paso skies looking out over the desert toward White Sands and all the hoopla about UFOs . Not sure what it was but I'm sure someone knows what it is .
    joel lee, lever30 and Victor N TN like this.
    Of Empires and Kings , Generals and Armies , All have fallen and only the people have stood the test of time . It is theirs to pick up the broken pieces of ego , conquest and follies of war. From the old to the new come home safe 1st SOW USAF

Contributing Member
    Member #

Alot of good stories here and I'll not dispute them. To this day, even though i am no longer in the area there is a box canyon in central wash. cascades that I will not go into. Every time I have ever got into the mouth and a hundred yards or so inside of it I have been filled with dread, somethings watching,hair standing up, that kind of a feeling.
    After I got out of the Army my dad came and visited, stood at the end of my bed and just looked at me as if to say welcome home. My father died the year I entered the Army four years before.
    There have been a few other instances in my lifetime where it has been a total what just happened that I saw. Though I think I am "spirtual" in ways that others would not think of me as being, I refuse to dispute or poo poo others events. Too many things to be so arrogant to think we have seen it, or understand it all. Blessings to all.
    Nothing expresses Liberty more than, the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

The deeper you are involved with "the system", the shorter the hairs you're had by

Gun Wizard
    Member #

First one....In the Navy, aviation squadron at N.A.S. Norfolk, 1972. My buddy and I, working the evening shift, had just had a burger at the airfield tower grill and were walking out towards the planes to do some work. It was about 9 P.M. I suddenly doubled over in pain, feeling like I had been punched real hard in the stomach, and couldn't get my breath for about 10 seconds. I slowly straightened back up and made some comment about not ever eating at the tower grill ever again.!! The next morning I was told to report to the personnel office down at the squadron where I was told that my mother had died the previous nite at about the same time that I had experienced my "punch in the stomach". My mother was only 44...had a massive coronary.

Second one....also during my Navy days. Our squadron was in Hawaii for 2 weeks of war games. One night I had a most disturbing dream...a 'vision', if you will. In the dream, I and a couple of friends were walking down the barracks hallway towards our room. I suddenly found myself being slowly pulled backward off my feet and being suspended about a foot off the floor, my body very straight and horizontal with the floor,and then starting to be slowly pulled feet first by unseen hands into the next barracks room which was pitch black. As I was being slowly pulled into the room, I tried reaching out to try and grab the sides of the door opening but I couldn't grab hold of anything. I was being pulled toward the corner of that pitch black room and I knew that it was something evil that was pulling me and Death that awaited me if I got pulled all the way in. Then, just as my outstretched arms and hands were almost all the way in the room, another set of hands grabbed my arms and began pulling me out of that awful room and back into the hallway...back into the light...and Life. No...it wasn't some beautiful Angel that pulled me out of that room...it was my favorite Chief Petty Officer.!! I immediately awoke from that dream...that vision...and I was so disturbed and shook up that I got out of bed and woke my friend Mike and told him about it.

These two encounters are just as vivid to me today as they were when they happened back in the 1970's.
    Team 22 Magnum ! #008

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Team 35 Remington Co-Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #

This is one of the weirdest, most unexplained phenomena that I have ever encountered:

The Older I Get...The Better I was...
    Team 444 Member #175
    Team 35 Member #2
    Team 39 Member #10
    Marlin League #26

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Halwg
    This is one of the weirdest, most unexplained phenomena that I have ever encountered:

PLEASE This is a PG rated posting !
    joel lee and Victor N TN like this.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

444 Team member #180 Team 45-70 # 134

Member #

Hey? When did Larry The Cable Guy get so old?

And what the hell is he pointing at?

Roe

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Barenjager
    Hey? When did Larry The Cable Guy get so old?

And what the hell is he pointing at?

Roe

Roe, that's not Larry it's Curly the other stooge.

Drivin my life away... Certified Gunnut
    Member #

It was 1992 (I was 19 at the time)...I was out doing what dumb teenagers do when there is nothing better to do, just riding around the back roads by myself. It was late at night (appx. 0130) and I decided to stop at an old church that is no longer in use to get out and stretch my legs and take a leak (no, I didn't pee on church ground...did that in that road).

It was a moonlit night so I could see pretty good, but I didn't have a flashlight...so I was just wandering around checking out the old church (this is WAAAY out in the sticks, no occupied houses for several miles). I was peaking in a window just to see what I could see, when I had the sudden urge to look behind me...I didn't hear or see anything that made me look, just got the urge to "check my 6".

When I turned around what I saw literally scared me stiff for several seconds...I have never been afraid of any man (and I have the scars to prove that), but this wasn't a man. It was standing just on the other side of the old picket fence around the church, with the nearly full moon at its back...in other words, it was in plain view and it was not a shadow. There was only about 10 feet between us...the lot for the church is small, with pasture on 3 sides (no grave yard)

What I saw that night is what is commonly known as "the Reaper"...I didn't see a face, or beady eyes, or anything like that...just the the robed figure holding a scythe. It was tall...I'm 6' and it was at least a foot taller than me.

After I got over the "scared stiff" part...I ran to my car and gave new meaning to the phrase "get the heck out of Dodge", but another strange thing happened when I started my car. The radio worked...it had not been working for several months prior to this. But it came on when the car started and never went off again (the knob wouldn't turn it off), the song that was playing was "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi. (the lyrics to the song made the whole ordeal even stranger...I will add them below)

Sitting here wasted and wounded at this old piano
    Trying hard to capture the moment this morning I don't know
    'Cause a bottle of vodka is still lodged in my head
    And some blond gave me nightmares, think that she's still in my bed
    As I dream about movies
    They won't make of me when I'm dead

With an ironclad fist I wake up and french kiss the morning
    While some marching band keeps it's own beat in my head
    While we're talking
    About all of the things that I long to believe
    About love, the truth, what you mean to me and the truth is
    Baby you're all that I need

I wanna lay you down in a bed of roses
    For tonight I'll sleep on a bed of nails
    I wanna be just as close as your Holy Ghost is
    And lay you down on a bed of roses

Well I'm so far away the step that I take's on my way home
    A king's ransom in dimes I'd give each night
    To see through this pay phone
    Still I run out of time or it's hard to get through
    Till the bird on the wire flies me back to
    You I'll just close my eyes, whisper baby blind love is true

Well this hotel bar's hangover whiskey's gone dry
    The barkeeper's wig's crooked
    And she's giving me the eye
    Well I might have said yeah
    But I laughed so hard I think I died
    Ooh yeah

Now as you close your eyes
    Know I'll be thinking about you
    While my mistress she calls me to stand in her spotlight again
    Tonight I won't be alone
    But you know that don't mean I'm not lonely
    I've got nothing to prove for it's you that I'd die to defend

And lay you down

I'm still trying to make sense of that night...prior to this, the only people I have ever shared this with are my Dad and Grandad.
    Links to forums NOT owned by VS is NOT allowed!!
    Admin

Member #

Wow, creepy!

Tinhorn
    Member #

that reaper experiance will give me night mares for awhile i think.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links