Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Re: Unexplained Phenomenon That You Have Encountered

Well I finally tell him and he just nods his head. We get into his house and I'm really shook up. He and Beatrice, his wife start telling me about things at Tony's house that they know about. It seems that Tony and Ermania have identified the "ghost" as Ermania's grandmother from Italy. She had died shortly after Ermania's departure for the United States. She and Ermania were very, very close in her youth. It seems that where ever Tony and Ermania take
    up residence the grandmother's ghost accompanies them. They hear dishes clatter at night. The TV would change channel all by itself. Ermania would make the bed in moning and go back into the bedroom and the bed was all messed up. They would go to bed and the covers would be slowly pulled off them. They both would smell cigarette smoke yet niether smoked. Her grandmother smoked before her death however. Carl and I went back up to Tony and
    Ermania that night and told them what happened. Ermania was very apologetic but did say her grandmother's ghost
    obviously liked me by the way she "greeted" me in the garage. There was a whole litteny of things that Tony and Ermania told me occured in their house no matter where they lived. They just learend to "live" with polterguist of
    her grandmother. Sometimes she would get out of hand and they would have to yell at her in Italian and then it would stop for days or weeks but she always returned. The above is all true and told to you as it happened. Bob
    Thump em with a .35 caliber and they stay
    thumped. Team 35 member #17. Team 3
    30-30 member # 98. Team .32 Special #5. NRA Life Member. USN 7/10/69 - 12/6/73. Operation Homecoming Staff, Clark Air Base, Philippines.
    Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.
    My proud Navajo name: T'adoh-'aash (He wanders around)

Gunfighter
    Member #

Back in the late seventies a lady that was my sister in law at the time used to tell me about hearing footsteps in the trailer she and her husband lived in. She was a threat to get off in the vodka so I played it off to that. She decided to go with him on a run in his 18 wheeler and asked me to feed her cats while they were gone. I was feeding them one afternoon and had to use the restroom. Sitting there doing my business and I hear footsteps coming down the hall. This was an older trailer with vinyl flooring so the footsteps were very clear. I thought it was them back early and called out to them and shut the door. No answer so I finished up my business and went to leave the bathroom. The footsteps started again and while I heard them coming I waited just inside the door with plans to jump out and scare them while they were trying to scare me. When the footsteps stopped outside the door I snatched it open and hollered " Hey !! " but no one was there. I never ragged her about the footsteps again.
    joel lee, lever30 and Victor N TN like this.
    An old saying is "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." I believe in a head for an eye and a hand for a tooth. Keeps folks away from my eyes and teeth.

DWB
    Gun Wizard Distinguished Master
    Member #

While working as a General Mine Foreman, pre-shifting the mine, I noticed the #5 hi-pressure fan was shut down and barricaded to protect it from fly-rock from the blasting in Rm 15 up near X-C 9 on the previous shift. Feeling full of oats and kind of strong, I figured I could push the barricade piece over. It was a 5 ft x 10 ft sheet of 3/16" heavy corrugated, galvanized from an overcast panel and was leaning on the rib over the fan. I pushed it once, no go. Pushed it a second time and noticed when I couldn't get it break over center and fall, it "bounced" off the rib. Using my brain, rather than my back, I started bouncing it and almost had it breaking past center, then the bottom of the piece started sliding on the sill. It came back towards me and the fan, bounced off the fan, and landed squarely on me. The piece weighed 750 pounds or a tad more.

The next thing I remember was waking up under the steel, feeling something warm on my legs and thought I had broken a leg or ruptured an artery. I blacked out again, and the next thing I remember was walking around looking for my brain bucket. I made it back to the crew room to line out my guys and about 45 minutes had passed. One of the guys asked me if I was okay, and I dropped into his arms. I woke up again, one hour into the shift.

Three hours later, while taking the Mine Supt. to the scene of the accident and explaining what had happened, we noticed the corrugated overcast panel was 20 feet from the fan. There were no tracks in the entry, other than those I made while looking for my hard hat. How the piece of steel ended up that far from where it had clearly knocked my a$$ in the dirt I will never know for sure.

I worked the rest of the shift out, but could hardly walk for the next day or two, and it was a week before I could lift my arms above my shoulders.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 358 Win
    Well I finally tell him and he just nods his head. We get into his house and I'm really shook up. He and Beatrice, his wife start telling me about things at Tony's house that they know about. It seems that Tony and Ermania have identified the "ghost" as Ermania's grandmother from Italy. She had died shortly after Ermania's departure for the United States. She and Ermania were very, very close in her youth. It seems that where ever Tony and Ermania take
    up residence the grandmother's ghost accompanies them. They hear dishes clatter at night. The TV would change channel all by itself. Ermania would make the bed in moning and go back into the bedroom and the bed was all messed up. They would go to bed and the covers would be slowly pulled off them. They both would smell cigarette smoke yet niether smoked. Her grandmother smoked before her death however. Carl and I went back up to Tony and
    Ermania that night and told them what happened. Ermania was very apologetic but did say her grandmother's ghost
    obviously liked me by the way she "greeted" me in the garage. There was a whole litteny of things that Tony and Ermania told me occured in their house no matter where they lived. They just learend to "live" with polterguist of
    her grandmother. Sometimes she would get out of hand and they would have to yell at her in Italian and then it would stop for days or weeks but she always returned. The above is all true and told to you as it happened. Bob
    VERY interesting and I do believe in what you and others wrote here.

I will add a couple of stories here later on tonight or on Wednesday.

Thank you!

Catherine
    papa vid, joel lee and Victor N TN like this.
    Catherine

Account Closed

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

In 2001, I began having vivid dreams of a bad car crash. An explosion of glass in my face, the impact, screeching tires, etc. These nightmares continued and got more frequent. Eventually, I started have "flashes" of these dreams during the day...just split-second frames of a bad car wreck. They became more and more frequent.

One weekend, I was visiting family in VA (about 4 hrs away) and when we got there, we sat around the kitchen talking until late at night. Some how, we started talking about dreams. I told them about what had been going on and said "I think this means I'm going to die in a car crash." I was genuinely worried about what was going to happen.

About a week or two later, I got home from work...showered and got ready to meet some friends at a cookout. I was running late, so I was in a hurry. I hopped in my car and took off down my gravel hill. Pulled onto the paved road and remembered my dream. I stopped in the middle of the road and put on my seat belt. Less than a mile down the road, I was hit head-on by a drunk driver going 90mph. I almost died from a laceration to my heart. I had a collapsed lung, crushed ankle, and multiple contusions. My face, head, and entire left side of my body were sprayed with shattered bits of glass. The "explosion" I experienced from the impact was exactly like in my dream.
    lever30 and Victor N TN like this.
    There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption; into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Swaney,
    My wife and I have both experienced "Ball Lightening" when we were living in the Phillipines. We were having a horrible thunder storm like only the tropics can have. Our house was built to be earth quake proof and were told to
    get under the concrete reinforced steps leading upstairs from our lanai. Well we're huddled underneath thost steps just a hugging and holding on for dear life when every hair follicle on my body stands up. Next thing we know this
    ball of lightening hits our macadam driveway and the clap of thunder was deafening. It hit the driveway several more
    times with a LOUD clap of thunder each time. Finally it hit a high bank to the right of our house and stopped, but once again the clap of thunder was horrible. We were only about 75' away from each hit of the ball which appeared to be the size of a basketball. Something that my wife or myself will ever forget.
    Bob
    Victor N TN likes this.
    Thump em with a .35 caliber and they stay
    thumped. Team 35 member #17. Team 3
    30-30 member # 98. Team .32 Special #5. NRA Life Member. USN 7/10/69 - 12/6/73. Operation Homecoming Staff, Clark Air Base, Philippines.
    Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.
    My proud Navajo name: T'adoh-'aash (He wanders around)

Wrangler
    Member #

To start, I am and American Italian. Both sets of my grandparents came from Italy and they did not speak a word of English. But, they were Americans after they came over so they only allowed their children to speak English. My uncles and aunts could understand Italian but could not speak it. When I was a boy, we would visit my grandparents during my father's vacactions. I could not understand a word from either of my 4 grandparents and used my parents, uncle and aunts to translate for me. One day while visiting, my brother and I were playing fastball. You had to throw a baseball the hard as you could and the other had to catch it. Sort of like baseball chicken. Who ever ducked or got out of the way lost. I remembered having the ball skip of the top of my glove and hit me square in the forehead. My grandmother was on the porch and saw the whole thing. I remember her coming down and asking me if I was OK. She was talking to me, asking me to sit, asking me if I was hurt. Stuff parents and grandparents do when the see a kid get hit or hurt. The funny thing is that I understood every word she was saying to me. Clear as day. I was even answering her questions. All of this was in Italian. I do not remember speaking Italian, but my brother told me I was speaking fluently to my grandmother and she spoke me in Italian and responded in kind. The last thing I remembered was her blurry face, then I woke up on the couch in the house with ice on my forehead. I was speaking english again and could not understand my grandmmother any more. I have never been able to speak Italian again, but my father still reminds me of that day.

No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

I used to work in Highland NY and there was a old stone house that had burned as much as it could . The house had a lot of stone carving on it John Wayne and other actors but also some weird stuff gargoyles and devils ! My wife and I stoped and took some picks and when we had them developed one of the devil pics had a downed phone line in front of it but the line dissapeared at the head an reapered past it ! The wife had bad dreams about it untill I burned the pics ! We never went back and always drove the long way around to work after that ! That house always gave me the creeps !
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be occupied by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

444 Team member #180 Team 45-70 # 134

Member #

I believe I get little signals from for lack of a better word ,my departed ancesters.Once a little blue butterfly woke me up from a snooze to find a four foot timber rattler inches from my foot.
    Once a hornet drove me out of an old house we were demolishing seconds before the old stone chimney collapsed onto the spot I had just vacated.There are dozens more incidents,but these two are the most memorable.

Member #

Several years ago, I had registered a bear bait site near Smoot, WY, in the spring. It was in a no vehicle part of the NAT Forest, near the Idaho border. One trail in and out. I would push a wheelbarrel full of goodies for the bait barrel, along this trail, which was 2 1/2mi to my bait site in a small valley. There was a smaill creek with beaver dams near the bait site, but no water on the trail leading there. The first morning that I put up the bait barrel, small trees came falling off the mountain edge to within 15yds of me. Gave me a creepy feeling. Something was moving around up there. Every 4 days I'd come back and fill up the barrel with apples, dry dog food, donuts, meat scraps and molasses. Every so often I hear some tremendous crashing through the brush and trees. Thought it was some bears hanging around, since the bait was getting hit. One morning, running late, the sun was just starting to come up, I started walking in with a large back pack full of goodies. About halfway in and walking around a bend in the trail, there it was, a beaver, dead but still warm, positioned on a large rock, right in the middle of the trail. The rock had not been there before. Had I not known better, I'd have thought that something/someone was offering me a gift. But who...or what?

For 3 weeks, 1 week before the season, and about 2 weeks into the season, something was hitting the bait barrel, then it stopped. I never saw a bear, and never saw a bear track. Soooo?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links