Big Foot: has anyone (else) seen one?
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1017Likes

Thread: Big Foot: has anyone (else) seen one?

Wrangler
    Member #

Big Foot: has anyone (else) seen one?

Our anonymity protects us from scorn, so here goes - has anyone (else) seen a Big Foot?

Big Foot legends are popular in my part of East Texas. My personality does not take to legendary critters, mystery whatsits, or alien Egyptians. A chip off of the block, my 28 year-old son, born and raised in the woods and thickets and the best natural squirrel hunter I have ever seen, has the ultimate argument against the existence of Big Foot. "Dad," he says, "if Big Foot existed, some redneck would have already shot him, stuffed him, and mounted him on a wall." His argument is practically unassailable.

That said...

At about 10:30 one night about 1 1/2 years ago, I was walking at the edge of my town. The edge of _____, Texas quickly becomes the dense thickets and sloughs of the Trinity River bottoms and I typically see all kinds of critters on my evening walks. The evening had about 80% moon light.

I turned an outside corner and there in the woods about 80 ft. away (later measured) on the inside on the other corner there he/it/she stood. Every single physiological alarm I have INSTANTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY fired off (sorta like when you "know" that a huge buck is about to walk into your field of vision) - my ears rang and popped, my hearing and eyesight became acute, my skin tingled, the adrenalin rush was pure jet fuel, time and perception went into an altered state, and etc. If it was not real, my senses sure thought it was real.

We eyeballed (I mean face to face and eye to eye) each other for a second/eternity. Then he/it/she brushed aside a branch and disappeared into the woods. That was it.

Then I had a problem - what do you do with a story like that? I immediately called my hunting buddy with whom I have shared many a hunt, many a camping trip, and many a backpacking trip into tough, tough country. We are hard core and we do not overreact.

He came the next morning and we measured his/its/her shoulder height (by the branch it brushed aside) at 6 1/2 feet. My buddy believes that I saw a Big Foot.

I called a Big Foot group and had the nicest visit with two of their guys. They came out to the location and classified my account as a solid sighting by an experienced outdoorsman. They told me to take great satisfaction in seeing something most people never see.

Me? I'm still skeptical. I know that I saw something that my physiological senses and rational mind agree was a Big Foot, but still...

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I think I agree with your son.....

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I thought I saw one one morning then I realize my wife installed a full length mirror and I step in front of it crawling out my bed in my birthday suit
    Marlin

NRA Life Member
    Team Semi-Auto #55
    Team Wheelguns #66
    Team 30-30 #879
    Team 45-70 #1268
    Team 60 #223
    Marlin 336W 30-30
    CVA Wolf 209 .50cal Muzzleloader
    Marlin 60SN
    Tristar 20 Gauge
    Taurus 605 .357 mag.

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I did see one last year coming out of the Whitehouse heading for the golf course, or am I confused and it was the Jersey Devil?

Any way, when I go to Houston TX. this Christmas to visit my kids I will be sure to stay away from Liberty!!

Jack
    NRA Life
    Team 38-55...#70
    Team 1894... #250
    Team 39... #266
    Model 1894's

Super Moderator
    Member #
    My father always said"That's why they call it DOPE!"
    just messin with you OP.

sorry, but Im not a believer.
    - Fran-

Better to be thought of as an idiot,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

BANNED
    Montana...but temporarily in CA being Censored!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cobirdhunter View Post
    I think I agree with your son.....
    Gotta agree with cobirdhunter on that!

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Sorry everyone but I do believe in them. Not so long ago gorillas were thought to be imaginary as well. Look into crypto zoology and you will find tribe members in Africa that have seen dinosaurs, priests in Madagascar that have seen pterodactyls, tribesmen in Australia that have seen see huge and I mean huge lizards. They are out there but people would rather be comfortable "knowing" that there is no such thing.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    there are 1000's and 1000's of credible sightings by everyday honest folks that have absolutely nothing to gain. The folklore of the native americans say there is such a beast. There are even tales of war with the giant hairy men.

far too much evidence to say no....I say its distinctly possible...

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Every time I take off my socks. That said,I do think there is something to all the stories. Can't all be nuts.
    Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I believe I saw one in 1975 in a large swamp not to far from where I live now. Just a glimpse for no more than two seconds but the thought jumped into my mind that it was a Big Foot. A lot of legends around them that seem believable.
    R. Highhawk

Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

TEAMS 45-70, 30-30, 1894, Browning

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links