Big Foot: has anyone (else) seen one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: Big Foot: has anyone (else) seen one?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I believe you saw what you say you saw. The unknown factor is what was it, really? I don't know whether these unidentified creatures really exist or not. Some people are fool enough to dress up in suits to pull off a hoax. It's sad that before too long someone, either a person or the "creature", whatever it is, may get shot. jd45
    farmboy, COYOTE222, Tomray and 2 others like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I met a man that swears he seen one on state game lands around here. Even says that he now carries protection in case. Idk. He seemed like an otherwise knowledgeable and friendly man.
    Victor N TN likes this.
    Team 45-70: #1110
    Team 30-30: #1080
    Team 1894: #521

Wrangler
    Member #
    I tend to agree with your son but reserve the right to be wrong. That being said, I'm sure you saw somehing and your reaction to it proves you weren't comfortable in it's precence.
    USMC 75-79
    NRA Life Member
    Marlin League #180
    Team 444 #596

Marlin .444P
    Glenfield Model 75

Participating in a gun buyback program because you think that criminals have too many guns is
    like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.
    (Borrowed from HDStreet)

Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    My reaction was overwhelming.

I didn't see it and then react, I reacted and then saw. It was as if every automatic reaction took place in a split second and coming out of that second, I was looking eye to eye with whatever it was.

To tell the truth, if someone told me the story that I tell about that night, I'd be somewhere beyond skeptical.
    lewk416, farmboy, buckweet and 4 others like this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Never seen one myself or met anyone who has however it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do exist. To be honest, I hope we never find them. Humans are just to damn nosy and curious to leave this creature alone. Cool story! cheers
    farmboy, buckweet, Efin and 2 others like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    welllll now .... shucks ..i agree with the .. space and time . and your senses go into OVERDRIVE .
    just south of tillitoba Mississippi ...something crossed in front of my semi .. it was looking at me .. I'm sure of it . it was moving very fast . i just had a short glimpse .. then it was gone into the trees.
    the hairs on the back of my neck raised up .my skin got clammy .. had to remind myself to breathe ..
    what was it ?
    I'll never know.

Banned
    Member #
    I have lived in the city for half of my life.Near the beach in FL for the other half.The only thing I have ever seen out here that resembled Bigfoot was when Michelle Obama visited the Kennedy space center.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    This was suppose to have been a trail cam pic from my hunting club in Ga.? Naw, Just Kidding! I've always wonder if they really exisited or not? If there are such athing as Bigfoot Why hadnt any bones every been found?

c6a4aa5698c927fe.jpg[atta
    dhansen, P-bass, buckweet and 4 others like this.
    "My Lever Guns"
    Marlin 336 35 rem (1965)
    Marlin 1894 44 mag (1981)
    Marlin 3087S 30-30 win (1987)
    Rossi Rio Grande 45-70 govt (2013)
    Rossi R92 454 casull 16 inch ST (2014)

Team 35 rem #561
    Team 1894 #380
    Team 30-30 win #1058
    Team 45-70 govt #1327
    Team Bolt Action Rimfire #25
    Team 22 Mag #026
    Team Shotgun #62
    Team Rossi #9
    Team Wheelguns #55

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRJ View Post
    I met a man that swears he seen one on state game lands around here. Even says that he now carries protection in case. Idk. He seemed like an otherwise knowledgeable and friendly man.
    Where in PA are you located? I live North of State College PA with at least 3 sections of State Game Lands within a short distance from my house. Moshannan and Bald Eagle State Forests are right up the road in different directions. In over 50 years of camping and hiking in the woods I never saw or smelled a Big Foot, ever. The only thing I ever saw other than an indigenous game animal is a black Panther.

So, I do believe its possible for a creature that has been rumoured to exist back as far as Native Americans reported seeing them, but the chances of a Big Foot avoiding getting shot by a local hunter seems pretty slim. PA has hunters, sportsmen, and other miscellaneous people that carry firearms. Many of them carry at ALL times. So, I tend to agree more with the OP's son on Big Foot. But then, there are so many folks that say they saw them, and there's even some video on youtube that "looks" like something uglier and hairier than my older brother. They can't all be imagining things. Drop back 10 and punt.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 09-01-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I believe you saw what you saw. I seen one here in Ohio in October of 2004 while bow hunting for deer. The thing was 30 yards from me standing behind a tree and I didn't see it until it ran. Gotta tell ya I had pretty much the same experience feeling wise as you did! The thing was HUGE and moved faster than any person I have ever seen down a steep sloop into a valley. I was always 50/50 on the idea that they existed and hoped they didn't as I didn't want to stop hunting. Needless to say I still deer hunt and am going on my first black bear hunt in Maine in 2 weeks using my 1895 45-70. However, I often am looking over my shoulder more often than not these days.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links