Marlin Camp 9/45 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Marlin Camp 9/45 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    resurrect this thread if you please. galapoola. do you have pics of a camp 9 with this sight set-up? is there room in front of the rear sight for a picatinny rail for a red dot?
    tim
    genolof79 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    This is great info on the Camp 9 thanks. I just purchased one and ordered a buffer and spring right away. Unfortunately I was so eager to test fire it I didn't inspect the buffer before the new one came. After 4 shots the gun jammed and small pieces of the buffer fell out. Hopefully everything will be OK when I replace the buffer and no more damage was done. A lesson for anyone else buying one. Check and replace the buffer then test fire.
    18mm and Hooker53 like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Help! I own 2 Marlin Camp .45 Carbines. One is unfired in the box. I have another that I shoot and really enjoy. The normal 1911 mags all run fine, regardless of the manufacturer. However, some time ago I purchased some extended mags. They don't work worth a hoot. They jam and damage the rounds. I have had the same problem with a JR .45 Carbine. I did not expect this from the Marlin. Has anyone used extended mags in their Camp .45? Or have you run into this same issue?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Aftermarket mags are tricky things. Some work and some don't. Sounds like you just happened to get some that don't.

The only thing I can suggest is comparing them carefully, side-by-side with known good mags. Look at the feed lips, the front contour in front of the feed lips, the follower, and the magazine catch slot. If you see significant differences in one particular area, see if you can "tweak" the bad mags with hand tools (only if you're confident in your ability to do so) to match the good mags. As-is, they're not working, so the worst that would happen is that they keep "not working".

I suspect it's the feed lips either being too wide, too narrow, or the wrong contour. Without seeing them I couldn't be sure.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mac600 View Post
    This is great info on the Camp 9 thanks. I just purchased one and ordered a buffer and spring right away. Unfortunately I was so eager to test fire it I didn't inspect the buffer before the new one came. After 4 shots the gun jammed and small pieces of the buffer fell out. Hopefully everything will be OK when I replace the buffer and no more damage was done. A lesson for anyone else buying one. Check and replace the buffer then test fire.
    I just bought a 45 myself and the buffer was in little chips. I removed the stock and I thought it was sand inside. There was enough buffer left that the strut and bridge wasn't damaged but she isn't going to be fired until the buffer can be replaced. I am "on the fence" with a spring change since I like an easy open bolt. I had a Camp 9 about 5 years ago and really wanted a 45 and finally found one and in extremely good condition. The next step is a laminated stock.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    A worthy thread to keep near the top...

And HELP! I was installing a new buffer in my Camp 45 until I noticed this tiny little spring laying where it was definitely not supposed to be and my manual is very limited and hard to read. I think I saw another thread here that had breakdown info with pics but now I can't find it...sound familiar? I need to see what's the deal with this little spring because it must be a needed part as my magazines no longer feed...ohh nooo...

BTW...the original cream-colored buffer looked near-new so I left it alone...

Deadeye
    Member #
    Herb, IMHO replace the recoil buffer if it is getting hard or if you think it is getting hard or if it is near your birthday or if it is a day with the letter "y" in it. Recoil buffers are cheap compared to the other parts it protects. It is your call and expense.

The tread you were looking for was next to the header for this thread on the previous page under "Camp 9 teardown and rebuild".

But I may have a better one in this case. I would bet $20 right now that your bolt stop spring fell out when you pulled the trigger group from the reciever. Find your bolt stop (that lever that falls out on the right side of the trigger Guard (the lower in AR terms) just behind the feed ramp on the right side of the magazine well. Under the bolt stop is a small spring that is a high wear item and seems to need replaced more than any other spring on the rifle.

Check out this web site and scroll down until you read this on the right side of the page:

campgun

"With the upper receiver turned upside down, first remove the guide piece, which sits on the left hand side of the receiver. It's removal will permit the removal of the bolt. There is a captive spring under the guide, which should stay in place on the receiver. "

You are looking for the "some times, sometimes not" CAPTIVE SPRING. That is the Bolt Stop Spring that may or may not be in the small hole under the bolt stop.
    Last edited by Mush; 02-25-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Herb, IMHO replace the recoil buffer if it is getting hard or if you think it is getting hard or if it is near your birthday or if it is a day with the letter "y" in it. Recoil buffers are cheap compared to the other parts it protects. It is your call and expense.

The tread you were looking for was next to the header for this thread on the previous page under "Camp 9 teardown and rebuild".

But I may have a better one in this case. I would bet $20 right now that your bolt stop spring fell out when you pulled the trigger group from the reciever. Find your bolt stop (that lever that falls out on the right side of the trigger Guard (the lower in AR terms) just behind the feed ramp on the right side of the magizene well. Under the bolt stop is a small spring that is a high wear item and seems to need replaced more than any other spring on the rifle.

Check out this web site and scroll down until you read this on the right side of the page:

campgun

"With the upper receiver turned upside down, first remove the guide piece, which sits on the left hand side of the receiver. It's removal will permit the removal of the bolt. There is a captive spring under the guide, which should stay in place on the receiver. "

You are looking for the "some times, sometimes not" CAPTIVE SPRING. That is the Bolt Stop Spring that may or may not be in the small hole under the bolt stop.
    Anybody know where to get this spring? Mine was crushed and bent over...

Deadeye
    Member #

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Smile Thank you!!!

WOW! What a wealth of information! Thank you so much for taking the time to create this incredible collection of information for us "Camp" owners! I know it must have taken you a very long time to get this done. I am grateful to you for this

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links