Coronavirus frenzy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Coronavirus frenzy

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    Yeah, it's rough, but when you're in your bunker and everything else has rotted, it's still the same as the day it was canned. I bet it tastes like prime rib at that point. Number one canned food of survivalists.

I'm not disputing that, but Dinty Moore Beef Stew is also on my list of 'bunker food'!
    About thirty years ago, I was backpacking with my buddies and we tried to burn an empty Dirty Moore can but could not.
    Those cans are thicker than 'normal' cans to the point of being indestructible! (which protects the contents FOREVER!)

0037600246870_CF_default_default_large.jpeg
    Last edited by Not Getting Any Younger; 03-15-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Deadeye
    Member #
    My wife and I went to a pretty up scale grocery store this afternoon to get cilantro for tex-mex. My wife was shocked. No fresh produce, meat, bread, pasta or rice on the shelves. All the millennials were running around buying many boxes of pop tarts or whatever was left. The traffic was very light which is unusual.

I need to get to the liquor store soon and get ready for the "big drought".

Honestly, I wonder what this would be like if we had a real problem. We hope to get a barn with living quarters build on our timber tract this summer. Plugs can appoint Beto to do whatever he wants but I am not giving up one round of ammo.
    flatnose, Sparkyup and F150Grrl like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Getting Any Younger View Post
    I'm not disputing that, but Dinty Moore Beef Stew is also on my list of 'bunker food'!
    About thirty years ago, I was backpacking with my buddies and we tried to burn an empty Dirty Moore can but could not.
    Those cans are thicker than 'normal' cans to the point of being indestructible! (which protects the contents FOREVER!)

0037600246870_CF_default_default_large.jpeg
    And it tastes so much better. I'll eat spam if I have to, but I'll eat Dinty Moore because I want to.
    Big, flatnose bullets eliminate tracking.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I ran into similar situation here on the Left coast in wine country. Walked up to the Spam shel and the original stuff was G-O-N-E ! The two or three 'flavored' spams there were aplenty ! But no (not low-sodium) real, Original ~sob~ SPAM! damn .. .. ..
    35REMSHOOTER and BuckyBadger like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    As one fellow said, "A NEW PREPER, TOO LATE!!!"
    Goldtrigger and 35REMSHOOTER like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    call me crazy and of poor taste but I love spam. I eat it routinely on samiches and it is great pan fried, like baloney on steroids.....they even have a jalapeno flavor.
    WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THERE IS TYRANNY, WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE , THERE IS LIBERTY......... Thomas Jefferson

life member NRA

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    ......then we are both crazy.
    35REMSHOOTER likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I'll eat Spam occasionally, not a favorite by any means but in an emergency it will taste mighty fine when food is scarce. It stores a long long time so it is a cheap insurance policy for hard times.
    35REMSHOOTER likes this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    I like SPAM. A bit salty, but frizzled up and drizzled with some real maple syrup,
    along with a couple of eggs... yummy.
    Last foray out into public, I found a few cans in the LGS. (G standing for grocery this time.)
    Shoulda bought 'em. Although there are probably some of the other LGS's that may
    have that sort of stuff in their survival department. Not in my neck of the woods, however.
    35REMSHOOTER and BuckyBadger like this.
    Team Bolt Action Rifle #181, Team 22 Magnum #192, Team 60 #517, Team 30-30 #1381

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links