Marlin Camp 45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Marlin Camp 45

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Marlin Camp 45

What would be your thoughts on a pretty decent Marlin Camp 45 that is mounted in a Nice Boyds Laminated thumbhole stock? Has a cheap red dot reflex sight on it. I think it may also have a plastic stock with it.Receiver finish is nice. Couple small blemishes on the barrel but blue is pretty strong yet. I have not seen the plastic stock yet. Did Marlin ever have a Factory maybe folding stock as original equipment. I doubt it. They were all probably wood?

I am asking as it belongs to a friend and he thinks he should get around 700.00 out of. I think that may be at least 100.00 overvalued. But what do you guys think. I may be able to get a pic next week..

One thing that somewhat bothers me, is it is in .45 Auto. I am sure they are harder to find than the 9mms. But also considerably more expensive to feed though.Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Without the factory stock I'd go as high as $450.00 depending on condition... And yes factory was wood... Also a good reason to take up reloading...
    Last edited by Scorpiusb; 02-20-2020 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Man, did I right that post wrong...
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thanks

450.00 sounds a little low based on what we seen on GB and such for the .45 But maybe they just are oversold on there also. Non original stock probably does hurt quite a bit though. Though it is comfortable in your hands.

I unfortunately just quit reloading and sold all my stuff within the last six months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    I think I could sell a table full of them at the Wannenmacher Arms Show for $700. A lot of dealers price them at $1000 but they don’t sell.
    So I think $600 to $700 would be going rate for one in good condition.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    There is a reason it doesn't have the original stock, they were notorious for cracking with the camp 45. 700 is overpriced without the original stock.
    256WinMag and M700 like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I do know the whereabouts of a original stock for around 50 Bucks. I am sure I could sell the Boyds off for more than that or atleast that much. But the Boyds does look fantastic on it though. Not original ,but aesthetically pleasing and very functional. Better than the original I am thinking in the that sense. But still not original I guess.
    Scorpiusb likes this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    In the condition you mentioned, I wouldn't pay $700 for it, but I imagine someone will.
    mrmike7189 likes this.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

A Ghost Ring brings everything into perspective.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I agree an aftermarket stock is the way to go as it will hold up better, but for selling most people want the rifle in the original configuration. If I owned one I would remove the original stock and set it aside in case I wanted to sell it down the line. Make sure the buffer is replaced on these, A broken buffer is what causes the stocks to crack from the recoil.
    mrmike7189 likes this.

Distinguished Master
    Dixie, the confederate states of america in woods of S.C.
    Member #
    when they first came out I bought one in 45acp with the standard walnut stock. it shot great. but I never liked the mag hanging down and the fact it was plastic, it just ain't me now days,,,,,,,,,,,
    I have never harvested an animal but I have KILLED QUITE A FEW !

everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth,,mike Tyson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Deadeye
    Member #
    As with any camp rifle make sure the buffer is not destroyed before you buy the rifle
    I do not put any value on the extra stock. I think you would be hard-pressed to find someone that would give you $50 for it. If the Boyds stock is in good shape that is really all you need.

For me $700 is high end of the spectrum but not unreasonable
    ​I am one gun away from happy!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links