• 3 Post By kilogulf59
  • 2 Post By Waffletop
  • 2 Post By kilogulf59
  • 1 Post By North Idaho Shooter

Thread: Model 9 Fix/Upgrade Advice Needed

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Model 9 Fix/Upgrade Advice Needed

I recently received a Model 9 in excellent condition (externally). Itís a long story so Iíll skip the details but it was malfunctioning and my friend let a less than knowledgeable person look at it. I told him (too late) that it was the buffer that had disintegrated and I could fix it. Well he got it back and all the guy did was clean it and assemble it incorrectly.

Itís now mine and I plan on putting in a Power Custom BlackJack Recoil Buffer and Power Custom 21# Recoil Spring. However, it wonít dry fire. I work the bolt, insert an empty magazine, off the safety, and thereís no click. The trigger moves but I think it was assembled wrong. If thereís other parts you think I may need Iíd like to order them with the recoil spring and buffer. Any advice, thoughts, and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

Deadeye
    Member #
    The buffer pieces get into everything. Very hard to tell what your problem is until you take apart the trigger guard (lower to the AR guys) and see what is jammed or missing. Pictures would help.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I will do that. I went ahead and ordered the new buffer and spring so when they arrive I'll get back to you. Thanks.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Check the stock for cracks at the rear of the action. The camp rifle stocks are notorious for cracking due to being shot with a broken buffer.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Will do, thanks for the tip. At a cursory glance I didn't notice any.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It could also be that it was reassembled incorrectly, as you suspect. I got one a couple of years ago that needed some work. It took a couple of times reassembling it to get it to function (fire). The part i had the most trouble with was the correct alignment/installation of the disconnector, if I remember correctly. It is also easy to have issues with the magazine disconnect safety parts and linkage. As mentioned, it would be much better to take it apart before jumping to conclusions.
    kilogulf59 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    The parts arrive in a few days, I'll know then. I also really can't or shouldn't complain, the man gave it to me. I just wish he'd have let me look at it instead of that idiot who "knows all about guns"....Oh well, vent over.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links