Camp 9 trigger job - need recommendations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Camp 9 trigger job - need recommendations

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Camp 9 trigger job - need recommendations

My Camp 9 is dead-on accurate, but the trigger is heavier than I'd like. I've done a web search, but can't really find any type of "drop-in" parts that reliably lighten the trigger.
    M-Carbo makes a spring kit, but the two reviews on their site are less than steller. And I've had experience with their Marlin 60 spring kit; wasn't that impressed with the result. So I am wary.
    I'm not looking for a backyard-mechanic solution like cutting the springs, and I don't want to polish or grind any parts.
    So ... does anyone make a reliable trigger-pull reduction kit for this gun, or am I basically stuck with the factory trigger?
    Thanks

Sidewinder
    Member #
    have you looked at wolf springs?
    Durf
    Team 1894 # 384
    Team Rossi # 43

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Can you be more specific. The only springs they make for the Camp 9/45 are recoil springs, to my knowledge, which would be meaningless for my purposes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Having recently re-worked my own 9mm Camp Carbine (it's a horror story in itself), I think you may not have many options. There are a LOT of pieces in the "fire control group", and just this fact alone makes it unlikely that a really decent trigger pull is as easily possible as it is on other rifles. I may be wrong about that, (and I hope I am), but it is something to bear in mind.
    mrguvna and roybean1894 like this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks North Idaho, I believe you are correct on all counts, based on what I have also heard and read. I think I will either have to live with it or part with it. Time and another range session will tell.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Us shade tree mechanics improve the trigger with some polish on the hammer and sear. I found it reduces the trigger weight by 1/3 to 1/2 and any grit but there will usually be some creep left.
    1956CJ5 likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Mush - Is there a way to do this without taking everything apart? That is, can you put some polish on a Q-tip or whatever and just work it back and forth on the two surfaces within the trigger assembly, or isn't there enough clearance to get a Q-tip in? I'm not eager to take the trigger assembly apart.
    If there is room, what do you recommend for a polish? I've never done this before, so I don't want to go overboard, if I would decide to do it.
    Thanks

Deadeye
    Member #
    gunsrfun1, sorry... ya gotta take it apart to get to the parts. See the sticky on trigger teardown and rebuild.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks, I had seen that video. My question is how to polish the hammer and sear without overdoing it, which I am told can lead to some unpleasant results (doubling, etc.) Not sure I want to attempt this, but if so, can you briefly explain how it's done. I assume you use a Dremel. What type of bit do you use, what type of polishing compound, how do you determine when you've polished it enough, etc.? Thanks

Sidewinder
    Member #
    That trigger assembly is very tricky to reassemble.....I wouldn't recommend it. (Too many itsy bitsy fiddly bits!)
    Camp 9 Carbine
    Ruger Police Carbine 40S&W
    Ruger P944DAO
    Mini-14 223/5.56
    Glock26
    Bodyguard 380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links