camp 45 jamming
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thegatman
  • 1 Post By Mush

Thread: camp 45 jamming

Tenderfoot
    Member #

camp 45 jamming

I have camp 45 new buffer spring etc. Its been jamming every 5th round or so. would a regular magazine with a flat instead of the rounded follower have anything to do with it?. Also my feed ramp sits below the opening of the barrel , not below but not all the way up chamber, but I cant get it anyhigher?? Help

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Look at the magazine. The marlin mag has a different lip and a cutout. You tube it.
    M700 likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    You could likely get more help if you give more info. Type of jam, type of ammo, etc.
    Swapping magazines is a good troubleshooting suggestion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    My camp 45 runs every 1911 mag I've tried. But it didn't feed blazer aluminum well.ammo well.

Deadeye
    Member #
    The "square" part of the magazine allows the magazine trigger disconnect to function properly. The disconnect rides on the flat part (square top) of the magazine. The "round top" part of the magazine can jam/cut the magazine disconnect or jam just below where it should be and may be the reason your rounds are not entering the chamber correctly. Try this: insert your magazine until it stops. Notice if the magazine release worked correctly allowing the release to click closed. If not, your magazine may be jamming short of the correct position. Next, Remove the magazine. If you take a flashlight and look in the magazine well you will see a piece of plastic on the back of the magazine well (that will move if you press on it). Are there nicks or cuts in the plastic? If so don't use magazines with the round top rear of the magazine.

Or you may just have a crappy magazine........
    mrmike7189 likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    This is a common complaint on the site. I f ound this quote today about camp 45's
    "
    With the Camp 45, many people have reported that magazines with a curved cut-out at the top of the rear of the magazine jam on the magazine disconnect when inserted. Those with a straight cut across the top rear tend not to jam. The Camp 9 does not seem to have this problem."

If you have problems inserting or seating a magazine with either rifle, check to see if there is a burr on the disconnect lever that protrudes into the magazine well.
    Camp 9 Carbine
    Ruger Police Carbine 40S&W
    Ruger P944DAO
    Mini-14 223/5.56
    Glock26
    Bodyguard 380

Tinhorn
    Member #
    You have it assembled wrong. The ramp goes in front.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links