Last day Last Target!

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #

Last day Last Target!

Well I managed to squeeze one in with the 38-55! The 45-70 is just too much for my tender shoulder since surgery. I wonder how long I can keep using that excuse! At least cut me a break my Marlin is 112 years old!

Coming in at 2.421"

You didn't think I could duplicate my first outing with this rifle...do you?

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Last day Last Target!

Lever - I feel your pain (in more ways than one). My second outing with my 32-40 resulted in the second best target of my life time of shooting, setting a standard I seriously doubt I will ever beat again with iron sights. My wiggles and wobbles seemed to cancel each other out for once. Was a lot of fun, but sad at the same time.
    I have a lot of load data to use and a lot of shooting to do, but still doubt I will ever best my 32-40 postal match target (the 19.8 grains of IMR 4198 load).
    If I was as old as your rifle I wouldn't even be able to see the target, much less hit it.
    Love the older Marlin's, just too rich for my wallet. For it's age and all I would say real nice shooting. Shenandoah
    All our life we trade our time for money, hoping to make enough money to do what we dream of, before we run out of time.

Never remove a fence without learning why the fence was put up in the first place.

US Army (Ret)

Member HYPHEN-ATED GANG (Cal 32-40)
    Team 30-30 - member 399
    12.7x44R Swede
    Team Old Pharts - member XXIV

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links