appreciation awards / iron sight winners / skinner sights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #

appreciation awards / iron sight winners / skinner sights

After consultation with the match coordinator, Skinner Sights would like to award the top rimfire winner and top centerfire winner of the Iron Sight class with a set of Skinner aperture sights. Rimfire scores have been posted with centerfire yet to come. We offer these awards to encourage the fundamental shooting skills and love of shooting that friendly competition affords. We encourage the two winners to contact Big Medicine or myself with your choice of sights.

Congratulations to you all!

Andy
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Re: appreciation awards / iron sight winners / skinner sights

Totally Awesome offer .. Thank You so much for helping support MarlinOwners and with a fantastic product to boot..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Very cool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

CKB
    Team 39 Co-Capt'n Wrangler
    Member #

Class act all the way. Kudos!
    Team 39 #2 Co-Captain
    Old Phart #16
    Team 39-30 #53
    Team .45-70 #106

Member #

Very nice incentive for the next postal match. A nice prize for an "iron sight" shooter.
    All our life we trade our time for money, hoping to make enough money to do what we dream of, before we run out of time.

Never remove a fence without learning why the fence was put up in the first place.

US Army (Ret)

Member HYPHEN-ATED GANG (Cal 32-40)
    Team 30-30 - member 399
    12.7x44R Swede
    Team Old Pharts - member XXIV

Member #

Received my Skinner Sight in yesterdays mail. It looks great and sometime over this weekend it will be mounted on my 1895 CB. Our deer season opens in two weeks and the range I use will be crowded every day until opening day. Once a year shooters always manage to put a scare in me. What that means is that I may not get to try this sight until after deer season.

So a big thank you to Andy Larsson. What a neat, compact sight, and a most generous offer too. Once I get to sight in I'll post a pic or two and a range report.

Thank you Andy,
    Frank
    Steelbanger, NRA Life
    Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Site Contributor Supporting Vendor
    Member #

You are WELCOME Frank,

Keep us posted on how it works out for you! Good luck in the deer woods! We understand what you mean about weirdness at the shooting range. Our club has volunteers that work the firing line during these busiest times to help keep shooters informed and reminded of Range Safety. Even with all of that, some either get so excited to be out shooting or are just un-educated enough in firearm handling that there are a few tense moments.

Marlin Owners:
    To the best of my knowledge every state uses volunteer firearm safety instructors and as Marlin Owners we have a great pool of resource and knowledge to pass on to the next generation of shooters! Maybe you can contact your State Wildlife Management Agency and ask how you can help! My father volunteered to teach Hunter Safety here in Montana for the first mandatory class back in the late 50's. He had me help him get class ready, materials located, sharpen pencils, run errands and set up audio visuals for years till I was old enough to help teach also. My Son and both daughters also became Jr. Instructors and today Danny is Co-instructor with me for our local classes.

What you know may save someones life! Lets pass on the love we have for shooting sports to the next generation!

Congrats again Frank on the great shooting!

Andy
    "The nicest folks I ever meet are fellow shooters..."
    SKINNER SIGHTS
    Building sturdy, attractive, Peep/Aperture sights and other accessories for your rifles. Please visit us at www.skinnersights.com

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Thanks Andy.. Dave and I are building this site for the future generations and I sure hope long after were gone it prospers and grows into the best of the net.. we don't need to be number 1 , we just need to be the best family site for gunowners... and levernuts..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Member #

Had to try that new Skinner Sight

Here's my brief report.

Mounted the sight on an 1895 CB. Nice clean lines of the sight really look great on top of the 45-70 and all steel construction to boot! I was a bit concerned about the aperture size but I need not have worried as the sight picture is very nice. So it was Tuesday when I got to the range where there were only a few shooters present. For a target I used cardboard approx 12" x 30"high with a 3" white square aiming point stapled near the center. My plan was to sight it for 50 meters. First three shots with the RCBS 300 gr. FP were a bit high and right, probably 8 inches high so I loosened the lock screw and lowered the stem a turn and a half which was as far down as it would turn. Then I loosened the windage lock screw and tapped the dovetail to the left a wee bit. Three more shots (see pic below) showed that elevation hadn't moved enough so I lowered my point of aim to the 6 o-clock hold and that fixed that. Down the road I may replace the front sight with a higher one so that I can resume my center hold which is the one I am used to. So to say I am pleased with this sight would be an understatement because I am quite happy with it and am planning to add more Skinner Sights to my battery.

Returned to the range the next day with my son. We almost had the range to ourselves so he got his sighting shots over quickly. Now I pulled out the 45-70 and a 38-55 CB conversion and we began plinking at the 200 M swingers. Now that's fun. Although he's now in his 40's, Mike still likes to shoot the same as when he was a tag-along youngster. He found two orange clay birds and said he would take them out to the 200 yd. line and while he did that I put away the sand bags. We were going to either run out of ammo or kill those two clay targets shooting offhand. Well, it didn't quite take all the ammo and we each got one so that ended our afternoon at the range.

Thanks again Andy. That sight is going to see some great times coming up.

Incidentally, the serial number of this CB has been software-tweaked for the internet. I forgot I did that until I saw the posted pic.

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Just contact him he will send you a taller front
    Gunjunkie..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links