NRA Browning 22 lever action.......! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: NRA Browning 22 lever action.......!

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke-eater View Post
    My buddy raises beef cattle. Has had a Browning lever .22 hanging in his barn, covered with dust and cobwebs, for many years. Pest control, I guess, but it seems a shame to see it in such a state of neglect.
    Ouch! Makes me cringe to read that.

I have many friends who are hunters, etc., and they all seem to treat their firearms in a similar manner. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends' firearms I've restored, fixed, etc. I don't believe in gun laws, but some people shouldn't own them from the standpoint that they don't take care of their equipment. Sad, indeed.

But an old cowboy? Yeah, that's just a tool. He ain't concerned about it...

ere
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I have one, not the NRA edition tho. Its the smallest of all my lever action 22's. I love the short throw of the lever. Fun little shooter.

Value...I'd say $400-$500 in very good condition.
    M1Riflenut and cajun56 like this.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo444 View Post
    Ouch! Makes me cringe to read that.

I have many friends who are hunters, etc., and they all seem to treat their firearms in a similar manner. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends' firearms I've restored, fixed, etc. I don't believe in gun laws, but some people shouldn't own them from the standpoint that they don't take care of their equipment. Sad, indeed.

But an old cowboy? Yeah, that's just a tool. He ain't concerned about it...
    I used to pheasant hunt with a co-worker who one day proudly showed me a used-but-near-new Browning Citori he had just bought. Within a year, the bluing was gone as was much of the finish on the now scratched and gouged stock. When we would return to his truck, ready to head to another field, he would literally toss the gun into the bed of his truck, without casing it. I was appalled! He was also a waterfowl hunter who frequented the local salt marshes. After hunting in the salt, he'd scrub it with steel wool. To some people, it really is just a tool.
    cajun56 and Mongo444 like this.
    Team 45-70 #1860
    NRA
    United Bowhunters of N.J.
    Salem County Sportsmens Club
    Life Member, Past Chief Harrisonville Fire Co.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    cajun56, you have probably already looked at the NRA Browning BL22, and maybe bought it. That Browning is a really nice 22 lever rifle. Here is my opinion though. I personally don't like any NRA branding on any item I would buy or win at a NRA event. I am a life member of the NRA but to me the insignia cheapens the guns or knives, etc. In my eyes the BL22 isn't worth as much as a non branded one. Just my opinion but I would lower my offer by $100 at least. Then I would try to remove the lettering off the stock. At least it isn't printed on the metal, as I've see some done in the past. Those are really ugly.

Let us know how it went

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    cajun56, you have probably already looked at the NRA Browning BL22, and maybe bought it. That Browning is a really nice 22 lever rifle. Here is my opinion though. I personally don't like any NRA branding on any item I would buy or win at a NRA event. I am a life member of the NRA but to me the insignia cheapens the guns or knives, etc. In my eyes the BL22 isn't worth as much as a non branded one. Just my opinion but I would lower my offer by $100 at least. Then I would try to remove the lettering off the stock. At least it isn't printed on the metal, as I've see some done in the past. Those are really ugly.

Let us know how it went
    Well I never heard back from the person selling it! Maybe it's gone! It's no problem if it is! My feelers are out for other Marlins!

Thanks!

Here is a picture of rifle.

p15534760047497960.jpeg

ca'jun56
    edcknives and ere like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have to agree with Maropolo above. I prefer non-labeled, non-commemorative firearms. I have a couple of Sam Houston, consecutive serial numbered colt SAA .45s and they do nothing but take up space. Nice to have, but entirely unnecessary in my opinion. Had a DU labeled Benelli Black Eagle awhile back. Sold it for money and trade (Ruger 10/22). BUT... Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, so I would never scoff at one's purchase of such firearms. In fact, I'd likely encourage it, if that's what someone wants. Better to buy a gun with NRA stamped on it that to not buy a gun at all!

Anyway, I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, Cajun! Perhaps it was just not meant to be.
    cajun56 likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke-eater View Post
    I used to pheasant hunt with a co-worker who one day proudly showed me a used-but-near-new Browning Citori he had just bought. Within a year, the bluing was gone as was much of the finish on the now scratched and gouged stock. When we would return to his truck, ready to head to another field, he would literally toss the gun into the bed of his truck, without casing it. I was appalled! He was also a waterfowl hunter who frequented the local salt marshes. After hunting in the salt, he'd scrub it with steel wool. To some people, it really is just a tool.
    I certainly understand, but when said tool stops working because it's been so abused, that's where I begin scratching my head! Heck, if you have means to purchase a Citori only to use it as a paint scraper, rug beater, concrete mixer or what have you, then I say go right ahead and do it. Lol
    smoke-eater and cajun56 like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I had a friend with coke bottle glasses and we were in our early twenties and he would shoot pennies tossed in the air. We would go out to old Camp Beauregard an old WWII base and shoot shotgun shells off rebar of the pushed in foundations at 75-100 yards. Only short brass. Plastic hits didn't count. It was very accurate.
    cajun56 likes this.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    A BL22 is definitely on my short list of what I would acquire if the right deal came along. Wish they made it in a 22 mag.
    cajun56 likes this.
    Matthew 25:40 / WWJD
    Favorite caliber- How is that even possible?
    The more I know the less I understand.
    Recovering Redneck / Recovering Catholic / Recovered racist
    Monotheistic Secular Humanist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links