Any pics with Marlin Lever rifles wearing Boyds Wood? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Any pics with Marlin Lever rifles wearing Boyds Wood?

Deadeye
    Member #
    My motivation for using Boyd's is to match a rifle that I built for my son a few years back. I used a 90 degree laminate on it and it turned out great. The Glenfield will be going to my left handed grandson. I wanted them to somewhat match.

Banned
    Member #
    Glad I ran across this thread when there was still time to cancel my order. The pictures of the wood standing extremely proud of the tang and the forend not even coming close to the dovetail attachment for the cap made up my mind.
    ShortStroke likes this.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    Below is a pic of three rifles I ordered Boyd's stocks for. The stocks are the Coyote Brown laminate. The forends are the Barrel Band Forend. The butt stocks are the Straight Grip Butt Stock.
    Three_Texans_01.JPG
    Fit of the forends were good but I did have to use a dremel bit on the screw holes on the side where the end of the screw went into the barrel band, not the end that has the threads under the screw head. They needed 1/32 - 1/16 shaved off. Forends are nice and tight up against receiver and no wiggle side to side.
    The fit of the straight grip butt stocks were good also up against the receiver and around the tang up top and below. On the bottom where the lever fits up under the trigger guard plate on the receiver end there is about a 1/16 overhang you can feel with the lever open but with the lever closed and your hand around it when you're firing the rifle, you don't feel it. After an inch from the receiver going towards the end of the butt stock, everything on the trigger guard plate is flush with the stock.
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy another straight grip butt stock or a barrel band forend from Boyd's. In fact I just got a barrel band forend in from Boyd's last week for my 2017 Marlin rifle project, in which two of the rifles will be using these forends from Boyd's.
    I don't know if I would order a pistol grip butt stock or the end cap forend from Boyd's based on all of the comments and reviews about the fitting issues. The end cap forends are too short and the pistol grip butt stocks require a lot of work to get them to fit snugly to the receiver, tang, and trigger guard plate.
    A couple of weeks ago I talked to them and wanted to send them a couple of Marlin stock sets so they could add those make and models to their inventory but they wouldn't do it because they have not received enough requests from their customers for those stocks.
    westmoore, ShortStroke and Blaine like this.
    = #201 MARLIN LEAGUE = #399 TEAM 1894 = #057 TEAM 22 MAGNUM = #1097 TEAM 30-30 = #119 TEAM .32 Special = #587 TEAM 35 = #73 TEAM 375 = #351 TEAM 39 = #663 TEAM 444 = #1372 TEAM 45-70 = #167 TEAM 450 = [/B]#TEAM MARLIN EXPRESS = #74 TEAM SHOTGUN =
    = NRA LIFETIME MEMBER = GREEN VALLEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB MEMBER, HOME OF THE BIANCHI CUP CHAMPIONSHIP =

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    I offered to send them the forearm off of my Glenfield, but the lady said, "Customers aren't allowed to send in stocks." And that was that.
    Blaine and rob42049 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links