What Mould, or Mold to order.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What Mould, or Mold to order.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

What Mould, or Mold to order.

Having always been using production molds in the past many years I was in a quandary ordering a mold for an obsolete caliber rifle. With advise from this forum I contacted Tom, at AccxxxxxMxxxxx. He doesn't expound on details, just tells you the facts as he knows them, Email Only. Did a slug, sent him the details, and a few months later sent him an order... on his recommendations for the size to order. Sent a cashiers check and molds arrived yesterday, within a week. First pour after lube and seasoning the molds, the bullets just fell out of the molds.They are Accurate! Micrometer and they were perfect as to specs. It surely is a joy to be able to communicate with a USA craftsman and have him deliver a product that is within .001". Thanks, Tom and those that recommended him.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 256WinMag View Post
    Having always been using production molds in the past many years I was in a quandary ordering a mold for an obsolete caliber rifle. With advise from this forum I contacted Tom, at AccxxxxxMxxxxx. He doesn't expound on details, just tells you the facts as he knows them, Email Only. Did a slug, sent him the details, and a few months later sent him an order... on his recommendations for the size to order. Sent a cashiers check and molds arrived yesterday, within a week. First pour after lube and seasoning the molds, the bullets just fell out of the molds.They are Accurate! Micrometer and they were perfect as to specs. It surely is a joy to be able to communicate with a USA craftsman and have him deliver a product that is within .001". Thanks, Tom and those that recommended him.
    256WinMag,

Oh No. You will soon find yourself with a need for a 50 caliber ammo can. Your level of joy indicates you are on your way to casting for everything you can. Roll the molds up in a micro fiber rag and rubber band to store in the can. The good news, ammo cans and molds are far less $$ than more weapons and a new / bigger safe.

Like you, after getting Tom to cut my first mold, the only stock molds I have purchased were a Lyman .258 cal and .264 cal. Only because Tom cannot cut molds smaller that 28 cal.

Over the years, I have found myself shooting fewer and fewer jacketed bullets.

Here are the results of the last bullet I designed and Tom cut for my BPCR 38-55 single shot. 3 shots from bench with tang sights, duplex BP load. 323gr 40-1 alloy. You are right, Tom's bullets are very accurate when we do our part.

PS: You are right. Tom communicats mostly by email. I think the years of working in the shop has made it hard for him to have a phone conversation. Plus, he can't work while trying to talk! He sure turns them around quickly.

Target 2 50 Meters Bench.jpg320 gr bullet.png
    256WinMag likes this.
    PDP aka: Pappy
    My Favorites: 22 Hornet and all wildcats, 28-30 Stevens, 32-20 and all wildcats, plus all hyphenated rifle cartridges
    Team: "Old Pharts" #348,
    Team Winchester #145

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    He's an excellent man and fashions wonderful moulds.
    256WinMag and Herrschutz like this.
    If my wife asks....all guns cost five bucks and ammo is free !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    His mold catalog is so complete, makes you wonder why people purchase from anywhere else, especially if you want an otherwise out of production classic design. You can combine this by later sending off to ....Hollow Point Bullet Service... if you want hollow points added. No more struggling to find an pay huge prices for an obsolete HP mold. Kinda excited about a 190gr FP 30-30 and 220gr FP 348 that I plan to have hollow pointed, want to try those on deer.
    Last edited by graymustang; 02-06-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    "Should have put more dirt down, saw it right off." Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Accurate does have an extensive collection but I absolutely hate trying to navigate their website. Personally I have not had good experience with them and tend to stick to NOE or MP for custom molds. Glad you are happy though.
    256WinMag likes this.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    When I set about designing bullets for my Safari Grade 35, a friend recommended Tom at Accurate Molds. I sent him some sample bullets that I made from scratch, and a drawing of what I needed. He ran with the ball from there, and produced superior molds for the Safari 260 and Safari 310 bullets, and has them cataloged on his website. What I liked about Tom was that he was willing to produce molds exactly to my design, work outside the box so to speak. I knew what I wanted and Tom delivered a superb product in all respects. I have also shot some lighter bullets in the SG 35, and those bullets were designed by a friend and the molds made by Tom......again, superior molds and superior bullets. I highly recommend Accurate Molds!!!
    "Overkill.............is WAY underrated."
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/new-sg35-sg444-home/

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Great suggestion on storage, PDP. The molds I already have will take up more than one 50cal can!!
    Herrschutz and PoopDeckPappy like this.
    JM "Jenuine Marlin"

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Great to hear so many good testimonials. I'd like to learn more about him and his molds.

Could someone please post contact info for Tom?
    256WinMag likes this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member, SASS, OGCA, NC Watermen United
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -- George Orwell
    "Corruptissima in republica plurimae leges."--Tacitus
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HIKayaker View Post
    Great to hear so many good testimonials. I'd like to learn more about him and his molds.

Could someone please post contact info for Tom?
    Just Google him up.
    256WinMag likes this.
    If my wife asks....all guns cost five bucks and ammo is free !!!

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    He has made plenty of molds for me. All super.
    256WinMag likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links