• 1 Post By Steve_In
  • 1 Post By dch
  • 1 Post By Drm50
  • 1 Post By dch

Thread: Fie 45 cal made in italy

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Fie 45 cal made in italy

Hello all just picked this up the other day kentucky replica in 45 cal says made in Italy bore looks in great shape was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them? was wondering if they are safe to shoot. And if the barrel can come off for cleaning any input on this would be great thanks in advance dch.
    94win30wcf likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    If made in Italy it will have proff marks near the breech. Post a picture as FIE covers a lot of territory. Some have a wedge in the forearm some have pins and others are screwed in place. FIE is a lower class Italian maker.
    Drm50 likes this.
    Steve_In
    People say money can't buy happiness But it can buy me a Marlin and ammo to shoot in it, dies, powder bullets...

Team Southpaw #9 TEAM 1894 #400

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thank you Steve will take a closer look at this and try to get some pics up.
    Steve_In likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    FIE was Firearms Importer Exporter of Florida. They imported and sold Italian, and other Nations' firearms in the USA, now they're out of business. Your muzzleloader could have been made by a high quality maker, look for markings. Have a gunsmith check your rifle, it should be fine. There are date codes on Italian made guns, it's a two letter code in a square box. There's a chart online that will tell you when your rifle was made. FIE went out of business in the early 2000's, so your rifle is at least 20 years old.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I bought several FIE guns when I was in business. Mostly low end 22 pistols & revolvers. I did by a couple cap & ball revolvers and ML rifles. Most everything they had was low end. They had Franchi for awhile too. I wouldn't be afraid to shoot a FIE ML they aren't on the level of the better Italian imports of the day. I think their Kentucky was the one with two piece stock. I remember getting a C&B replica that was bad NIB. I called down to Florida FIE and after 10 minutes I finally got through to a guy that spoke broken English. After trying to get through to him what the problem was after another ten minutes he saw the light. He replied, Oh, your peestol she is broke. That was shop joke for years. Believe it or not they had good CS and good deals on unit purchases. No parts, they would replace item with no hassle.
    rob42049 likes this.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Thank you fellows for the wealth of in formation on this i have looked around the net and could not find nothing thanks again.
    Steve_In likes this.

Super Moderator
    Somewhere in South Carolina again! Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member #
    When I was 12 in friendship, I bought a Italian .45 fullstock58, it needed work and got all the work done at Friendship. I wore out that BP rifle, flat wore it out!

Their are only two kinds of people, those who own a 444 and those who wish they owned one, and yes folks, denial is bliss!

Not much has really changed in the world in 2000 years, Christians are still being thrown to the Lions! and Satan's tool of Deception is still working like a charm, from the time of Adam and Eve, to today!

Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member # 379 Team 1894
    Member # 1053 Team 30-30
    Member # 338 Team 39

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links