Record PA Bear Harvest this season - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Record PA Bear Harvest this season

Sidewinder
    Member #
    The whole carbon tax is a mess. It would necessitate following the money and in PA that is not easy to do. One of the most politically corrupt states in the nation. Even school board members are in on it for different things. For whatever reason Wolf wants to kill the coal industry which, in my opinion, is stupid (see osama obama). The arabs can crush PA's natural gas industry in a heartbeat. Nobody can provide petroleum at the price that the arabs do except the arabs themselves. They are even kicking the Russians backsides. As for the use of additional revenues see that bottomless vacuum in the south east corner of the state. No need to name it. NY has one also.

Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    How much do you go into the State Forests of North Central PA? The presents of what the Shale drilling is apparent. There have been a lot of environmental problems with Shale companies ignoring Regulations and they have been hit with fines for their negligence. All too often Energy companies come into an area, drill, take our resources, and leave us with the mess. So it IS a problem. They leave Gas/oil drilling equipment on PADS in the State Forest, so its not something that is invisible.

Then we have PA Governor Wolf, who recently signed an Executive Order and put a CARBON TAX on electric power companies. That Tax money is being used for OTHER purposes, NOT the environment. The Two-Face Liberal Politicians are not fooling anyone. Climate Change is another vehicle to take more of our money.

Mike T.
    miket156 likes this.
    Plato:
    “Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool”

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dallased View Post
    Don't tell them about Tioga County/Wellsboro Area. Too damn many Ny city slickers coming that way for the summer and bringing their chinese lung herpes and crappy attitudes with them. Here in Lycoming County we have bears wandering through the small communities. I actually, for the first time in years, went out in search of the wily black bear. No luck, but going to give it a go again this winter. Wife and I have seen sow and three cubs climbing trees. Little devils are all over the place.
    (sorry about that) entered a no no word by mistake.
    I keep thinking of the last bear season here in Pa. I live in a laurel and hemlock swamp, so bears are common around the house. had a hard time making up my mind on the opening day, ended up not going. so now, not sure about what I wanted to do, got up at daylight, sitting drinking my coffee, looking out the window, like I do every morning. wonder why that tree is black this morning, so I go to a different window, well a bear is standing up tearing up a dead hemlock. went outside with the marlin 44, tree is 46 yards from the porch. bear lays down, looking at me. so how close will he let me get. well 20 yards or so, no moving. could have dropped him right in his tracks, decided well, its not hunting, only killing. neighbors came out of the woods, they did not want to shoot him either so we chased him into the swamp. he is still around, seen him about a week ago. So it is true, you get soft in your old age I guess. any opinions on my decision?
    Barry

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by barryinpa View Post
    I keep thinking of the last bear season here in Pa. I live in a laurel and hemlock swamp, so bears are common around the house. had a hard time making up my mind on the opening day, ended up not going. so now, not sure about what I wanted to do, got up at daylight, sitting drinking my coffee, looking out the window, like I do every morning. wonder why that tree is black this morning, so I go to a different window, well a bear is standing up tearing up a dead hemlock. went outside with the marlin 44, tree is 46 yards from the porch. bear lays down, looking at me. so how close will he let me get. well 20 yards or so, no moving. could have dropped him right in his tracks, decided well, its not hunting, only killing. neighbors came out of the woods, they did not want to shoot him either so we chased him into the swamp. he is still around, seen him about a week ago. So it is true, you get soft in your old age I guess. any opinions on my decision?
    Barry
    What size was he?
    "That wasn't shootin, that was killin" -- Rafe Covington

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    probably around 300 lbs or so. some much bigger ones around here, but this one was no cub.
    Barry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links