5 Mountain Lions in the Yard - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: 5 Mountain Lions in the Yard

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    That is precisely why no one should ever go into the "wild" unarmed. The Lefties and Animal Rights people can kiss my........if they don't like it. The PA Game Commission said that we don't have any mountain lions in PA anymore, but a couple I know that lives outside one of our state forests have a picture of a full grown mountain lion that they took a few years ago close to the end of their property. They are rare because they were shot on sight during the 19th century to the point of extinction. Obviously, some of them survived.

Black Bears are a much bigger problem where I live. The Game Commission estimates PA has approximately 20,000 Black Bears, and thats AFTER Bear season. The Game Commission added more days to Bear Hunting season to thin out the numbers.

Always carry a firearm, and have a backup, like a 6" hunting knife.

Can't be too careful.

Mike T.
    Some survived or secretly reintroduced?
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” — William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by M700 View Post
    Ya, we had a guy killed by a mountain lion, 2018:

https://q13fox.com/2018/05/20/seattl...ck-identified/

It was actually a woman that "self identified" as a man. The news story retracted and "corrected" it after "his" family pitched a fit. Sorry if im being nitpicky, but i feel its important to be factually accurate rather than change facts and statistics to coddle the feelings of the mentally ill.

Shortly after that a woman hiker was killed by a lion just over the border in oregon. And within the next year there were people that were attacked but not killed by lions in idaho, bc, and i believe colorado. 5 or 6 attacks in about a one year period.
    Last edited by Bango Skank; 01-17-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    That is precisely why no one should ever go into the "wild" unarmed. The Lefties and Animal Rights people can kiss my........if they don't like it. The PA Game Commission said that we don't have any mountain lions in PA anymore, but a couple I know that lives outside one of our state forests have a picture of a full grown mountain lion that they took a few years ago close to the end of their property. They are rare because they were shot on sight during the 19th century to the point of extinction. Obviously, some of them survived.

Black Bears are a much bigger problem where I live. The Game Commission estimates PA has approximately 20,000 Black Bears, and thats AFTER Bear season. The Game Commission added more days to Bear Hunting season to thin out the numbers.

Always carry a firearm, and have a backup, like a 6" hunting knife.

Can't be too careful.

Mike T.
    After my bear encounter. if im hunting with a .22 I have a backup handgun with me! I never go in the woods without a gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    This is why our beloved Marlins hold 5+1 shells !

Quote Originally Posted by HIKayaker View Post

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bryan alder View Post
    Some survived or secretly reintroduced?
    Not in PA. The Animal Rights people are the geniuses that introduced Wolves out West and it back fired on them, as usual.

People that don't hunt and don't spend any time in our own regional lands try to butt into our business and are not "Well received". I was Posting some information on yourube about Coyote Hunting and some chick with a degree in stupid gave me a ration of BS that I should leave Coyotes alone. She was from Eastern Europe, has spent the first 25 years of her worthless life sitting in a classroom. These Animal Rights people should mind their own business. These are the same type of people that are running what WAS the Democrat Party in Washington DC.

I don't see how we can avoid getting into a shooting war with these people. The majority of them are a waste of good oxygen. They're too stupid to survive and don't deserve to live on this planet.

Mike T.
    Yooper, 244ack, Lever Jac and 1 others like this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I let my lab out at night blindly. Absolute worst case scenario she comes back smelling like a skunk. But, she comes back.......everytime.
    vt4ster and lever30 like this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Big cats are definitely top-of-the-food-chain animals.

Deadeye
    Member #
    Here Kitty!

Kitty...

Kitty...

Kitty...

Kitty.

Ummmm. On second thought.
    All y'all stay over there.

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by F150Grrl; 01-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Retirednsmilin and lever30 like this.
    Team Bolt Action Rifle #181, Team 22 Magnum #192, Team 60 #517, Team 30-30 #1381

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Wonder what they would do with a Doberman doll filled with catnip.
    Retirednsmilin and lever30 like this.
    Dave
    -Very Concerned NRA Life Member (Get it together NRA!)
    -S&W Revolver Nerd
    -Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
    -Smith & Wesson Collectors Association

JIC
    Wrangler
    Member #
    There have been a few dogs killed and injured here in Idaho just in the last few weeks by cougars.
    miket156 and lever30 like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links