Post KY gun season was a bust for me..but the game cam still goes strong....
Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By gew98
  • 4 Post By gew98
  • 1 Post By Marlinjunkie
  • 2 Post By gew98
  • 2 Post By Bango Skank
  • 1 Post By 94win30wcf

Thread: Post KY gun season was a bust for me..but the game cam still goes strong....

Sidewinder
    Member #

Post KY gun season was a bust for me..but the game cam still goes strong....

Just 12 days in the back field and got a weird spike , a button buck multiple times , a buck missing half it's rack , and a 10 to 14 ptr - not sure. Not counting the foxes , and one of my more adventurous fat housecats. HUNT0010.JPGHUNT0032.JPGHUNT0036.JPGHUNT0037.JPGHUNT0039.JPG

Where was the big bucky a couple weeks ago !!. Wife got a picture of the getting bigger 4 ptr bucky two days ago with her phone in the front yard - I let go by during gun season.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    HUNT0247.JPGChecked it again today...loads of deer and the same suspect bucky's...but the best two pics of the bunch .......HUNT0262.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Nice bucks!
    gew98 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VFW Life Member
    AMVETS Life Member
    101st Airborne Division Assoc. Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinjunkie View Post
    Nice bucks!
    They are on the small size as things go... but this year or so it's been a good population. Really surprised to see the spike buck...looks like he may blossom. The 4 ptr will get bigger and his sparring partner no doubt will too.
    Only thing that bothers me in my AO are "bow hunters". Few guys I have met and known are worthy of taking a deer cleanly with a bow. I used to find a lot of deer in newjerkistani land 30 years ago rotted with an arrow in them. Not much different everywhere I have hunted sadly. Known a couple fellows including my late father that were deadly with a bow and had the patience to make it count... wish more " bow hunters" were that way.
    JMAG54 and Gareth Holland like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gew98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinjunkie View Post
    Nice bucks!
    They are on the small size as things go... but this year or so it's been a good population. Really surprised to see the spike buck...looks like he may blossom. The 4 ptr will get bigger and his sparring partner no doubt will too.
    Only thing that bothers me in my AO are "bow hunters". Few guys I have met and known are worthy of taking a deer cleanly with a bow. I used to find a lot of deer in newjerkistani land 30 years ago rotted with an arrow in them. Not much different everywhere I have hunted sadly. Known a couple fellows including my late father that were deadly with a bow and had the patience to make it count... wish more " bow hunters" were that way.
    I think things have come a long way in the archery world since 30 years ago. Of course there are still guys that routinely take bad shots, but the same goes for rifle hunters. I had a young buck come hobbling up my driveway during gun season from the state land across the road. His front right leg was blown out at the knee, leg flopping around like a limp noidle. He went into my open barn. After a call to the gamie i put him down. Guys that take bad shots / dont ensure the function of their weapons hunt both rifle and bow seasons.
    gew98 and Gareth Holland like this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bango Skank View Post
    I think things have come a long way in the archery world since 30 years ago. Of course there are still guys that routinely take bad shots, but the same goes for rifle hunters. I had a young buck come hobbling up my driveway during gun season from the state land across the road. His front right leg was blown out at the knee, leg flopping around like a limp noidle. He went into my open barn. After a call to the gamie i put him down. Guys that take bad shots / dont ensure the function of their weapons hunt both rifle and bow seasons.
    Bango ; I do agree a lot with your sentiment. Many years ago in western PA I had a nice 7 ptr come by me with it's front leg dangling and put it down cleanly and tagged it. Have 'met' a few armchair types that don't know their guns or fieldcraft and are a danger to anything in the field. To be frank in my area the worst thing I am aware of is poaching. In 2018 the guy at the end of my gravel road had two antlered deer and a doe hanging the morning after opening day - guy has no job other than hustling & drugs. Well the new game warden asked him about the deer and methman gave him some BS stories. Needless to say when he came around later to get him on poaching nobody would answer the door and the deer vanished from the back yard. Game warden eventually got him , but nothing is changed. A tad north of me poaching is really bad. Keeping an eye out for people "wandering" onto your land is another problem too.

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Hey guys that guy with the gun is gone! we can play now!!!
    gew98 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links