This will just piss you off....Deer abuse...on a downed buck - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: This will just piss you off....Deer abuse...on a downed buck

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Any update on what happened/is happening with these idjits?

Papalote
    11 Team 444

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Any update on what happened/is happening with these idjits?
    Unfortunately like most of these situations that result in a lot of public attention and furor they all tend to become forgotten very quickly.

The last internet update was Dec 18 so unless one were close to the family or in the local area I doubt we will see much more about it.
    Last edited by HiDesertHunter; 12-26-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    The Westerns on TV were phased out because of violence. The same people are the ones peddling video games that make the TV westerns look like
    I'm a Gunsmoke fan myself ,the old westerns did not show blood and guts. I have saw enough junk in my life so i will not watch this video!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Pa. police chief’s stepson is embroiled in deer torture video, but solicitor vows ‘no favoritism’

Updated Dec 07, 2019;Posted Dec 05, 2019

Deer abuse video stuns Brookville, Pa.

By John Luciew | [email protected]

BROOKVILLE, Pa. — Upon seeing a now-viral video of two teens kicking and torturing a wounded deer, the police chief here was said to be sick – but not for the same reasons as other viewers of the vile video.
    According to Brookville solicitor James D. Dennison, Chief Vince Markle immediately recognized his stepson as one of the two teens laughing and kicking the animal in the video posted to social media.
    In an interview with PennLive, Dennison said the chief called him early Sunday morning and informed him that his stepson, Alex Smith, 18, was one of the the Brookville High School teens in the video.
    READ MORE: ‘Lynch mob of social media came down on Brookville’: Hunting town feels hunted amid deer-torture video backlash
    “Vince is as upset, if not more upset, than anyone else,” Dennison said of the chief. “This is a relation to his family. He said it reflects on him, and he was real concerned about how it reflects on Brookville. He was shocked that anybody in this world would do that, especially his stepson. He was just sick, absolutely sick.”
    Dennison said the chief’s relationship with his stepson has been strained for some time.
    “Vince married Alex’s mother. He really didn’t meet Alex until he was 14 years old, and Alex has not lived in their house for the last 2 1/2 years. There are issues. He has issues with his stepson,” he said.

Dennison said Chief Markle immediately instructed his officers to make a copy of the video to preserve as evidence and to inform the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
    “I don’t think there is any sympathy for what these kids did,” Dennison said. “The chief has done the right thing, and he will do the right thing.”
    The police department is not involved in the active and ongoing criminal investigation of the case, which is being handled by the game commission and the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office, Dennison said.
    Dennison vowed neither the chief nor anyone on the borough staff would seek preferential treatment in the case, despite the family relationship.
    “There will be no favoritism,” Dennison said. “I can assure everybody that the Borough of Brookville will do the right thing here and will not expect any favors for these kids or ask for any favors for these kids and will let the DA and the Pennsylvania Game Commission handle it and not interfere in any way.”
    The video has reverberated nationally, as shown by an online petition calling for both teens to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The petition had gathered more than 530,000 signatures.

The 30-second video, which one of the two teens posted on social media last Saturday, ignited a fierce backlash online. The fallout, which includes death threats and threats of fire-bombing homes, began that Saturday night and came to the chief’s attention when his own family members were requesting police protection, Dennison said.
    Similar threats also were focused on a restaurant owned by the parents of the other teen in the video, whom Dennison identified as Cody Hetrick, 16.
    His family’s restaurant, Devil’s BBQ, is in the borough and was subject to added police surveillance as it also received threats after both teens were identified on social media.
    “When I talked to the chief, he let me know Devil’s BBQ was having problems and the house where Alex Smith was staying was having problems,” Dennison said. “He was informing me as solicitor the issues that were occurring in the borough.”

Dennison said Devil’s BBQ closed Sunday due to the threats, but reopened Tuesday. In addition to posting threatening and often profane comments on the restaurant’s Facebook page, many angered by the video also posted Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews expressing their disgust until both sites suspended publishing of new reviews.
    A PennLive reporter and photographer visited the restaurant over the lunch hour Thursday and found the place empty, although a restaurant/bar right next door was packed for lunch.
    The owners of Devil’s BBQ are Cody’s parents, Rob and MeriBeth Hetrick. They would not comment when PennLive journalists visited and asked for comments. Subsequent phone calls to the restaurant seeking a response to Dennison’s comments were not answered.
    Dennison said Pennsylvania state police are actively investigating at least some of the threats made in reaction to the video.

Last edited by 35REMSHOOTER; 01-10-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    UPDATE ON THESE TWO PUNKS:

Younger of two Pa. teens charged over deer torture video can’t be sent to adult prison

Updated 4:21 PM;Today 3:40 PM

By Matt Miller | [email protected]

The youngest of the two Pennsylvania teens charged with filming the torture of a wounded deer won’t be facing a prison term if found guilty.
    That is because the 17-year-old Brookville boy has been charged as a juvenile, rather than an adult, in the high-profile case.
    The state Game Commission charged the 17-year-old and 18-year-old Alex Smith of Brookville with multiple felony counts, including aggravated cruelty to animals and conspiracy, on Friday afternoon.

Although the commission didn’t name the younger boy, he was previously identified as Cody Hetrick.
    Hetrick and Smith are accused of making a video of torturing the deer on Nov. 30 after shooting it on the property of Smith’s family in Jefferson County. They then disseminated the video and one person who received it contacted the game commission.
    The video went viral and prompted a public outcry. More than 700,000 people signed petitions calling for the teens to be prosecuted.
    The charges against and the prosecution of Hetrick won’t be made public because he will be processed through the juvenile justice system. At most, if adjudicated delinquent in the case he could be held in a juvenile detention center until he turns 21.
    The stakes are higher for Smith, the stepson of the Brookville police chief, because he is charged as an adult. Each of the four felony charges he faces carries a maximum penalty of 7 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. He also faces lesser criminal counts and game law violations and a multi-year ban from hunting.

Smith is free on $50,000 unsecured bail.

Last edited by 35REMSHOOTER; 01-10-2020 at 06:41 PM.
    94win30wcf likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Your right that does piss me off.too bad the buck didn't jump up and drag them both around by their pea sized nuts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links