Arkansas Doe only hunt - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Arkansas Doe only hunt

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JW/OK View Post
    Way to go Arky! I spent last weekend with my buddy in Salem Arkansas and you guys definitely need to take a few does out of the herd. Too bad I wasn’t there this weekend. If things work out I will be back in Salem next week from the 21st to the 24th for the Muzzleloader season. He hunts about 500 acres on the North Fork of Spring River, we seen about 30 does just driving through it the other day. Looks like on average the does might weigh 70 or 80 lbs, little smaller than our deer. I love to hunt over there in the hills and hollers, it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to go either.
    Hope you get to come back and hunt. The does range in size all over the state. The one I shot was young, the older does in the area I mainly hunt are twice that size. Muzzleloading season should be good this year, acorns are falling like rain right now in my area.

NRA Life/Endowment
    1968 336
    1972 Texan
    God bless our troops! Thanks to all that serve or have served!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GFK View Post
    Nice rifle! Seems like it aged well. I am hoping to pass on one to my grandboys as well. P. S. Nice shot.
    Thanks. It did age well. Because he never shot it! Lol. He bought it new, I was the only one to shoot it when I was 12. And after I used it that year, he put it up, and it was never fired again until last year. It looks brand new.
    GFK and Golphin like this.

NRA Life/Endowment
    1968 336
    1972 Texan

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Congrats on the doe and the day in the woods. I spent about 15 hours total in blinds over the weekend. I saw a yearling doe and watched her feed for nearly an hour. I heard several shots on adjoining properties. I'm hoping for different results for the muzzle loader opener next weekend. I did see half dozen doe/yearlings driving too and from and had to get hard on the brakes to keep from hitting a 6 point on the way in Sunday AM in the fog.
    Arky73 likes this.
    My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
    Psalm 121:2 (New Living Translation)

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsoutcalls View Post
    Congrats on the doe and the day in the woods. I spent about 15 hours total in blinds over the weekend. I saw a yearling doe and watched her feed for nearly an hour. I heard several shots on adjoining properties. I'm hoping for different results for the muzzle loader opener next weekend. I did see half dozen doe/yearlings driving too and from and had to get hard on the brakes to keep from hitting a 6 point on the way in Sunday AM in the fog.
    Thanks. It was for sure foggy Sunday morning. I went squirrel hunting for a few hours, and I was about 15 minutes late getting to my favorite spot due to the fog. I was driving 50mph in a 70, and couldn’t see 50 yards.

NRA Life/Endowment
    1968 336
    1972 Texan

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    yall are making me crazy, i saw 2 does in front pasture about an hour ago, right about when the sheriff went driving by. gun sason doesnt start here till 11-23
    Arky73 likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Nice rifle and good job getting some meat.
    Arky73 likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Arky73, I let my wife hunt while I worked at other locations on the lease. She was not successful. I saw more driving the Ranger around and working on stands. I've already seen two bucks chasing does. Good Luck.
    Arky73 likes this.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

Contributing Member
    Member #
    That's pretty great.
    Arky73 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads