Temps will be falling - hopefully deer will be as well
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By lightsoutcalls

Thread: Temps will be falling - hopefully deer will be as well

Sidewinder
    Member #

Temps will be falling - hopefully deer will be as well

It has been an unseasonably wet summer that has held on into fall. Mast crop and browse are abundant this year and deer sightings on trail camera and deer sign in the woods is less than past years. Temps are supposed to be low 80's today with highs tomorrow in the mid 60's. In 2 days we have a modern gun, private land, doe only hunt in AR (10/12-10/16). Overnight lows are predicted in the 40's between Friday and Saturday, with highs in mid 60's Saturday. I hope to hit 2 different properties this weekend with my Henry Big Boy .44 carbine. Hopefully the deer will be moving. It's going to be nice to be able to be in the woods without the thermacell for the first time this year. I have hog hunted in my blind in short sleeves and sweated like crazy. It will be quite a change to sit a blind in a black hoodie this weekend.
    Golphin, Vooch and Judson like this.
    My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
    Psalm 121:2 (New Living Translation)

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Good luck this weekend. I envy you - I can’t gun hunt in OH until December 2.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Our early muzzleloader season runs from 10/19-10/27. I'm hoping the weather stays cooler. Doing some scouting last weekend I was seeing quite a few acorns on the ground and lots of green browse. I'm afraid the deer may not have to move much to keep their bellies full this year. The end of ML season should hit close to the rut. Hopefully there will be more movement then.
    My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
    Psalm 121:2 (New Living Translation)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links