• 6 Post By art6555
  • 3 Post By JACKTW
  • 5 Post By white cloud
  • 3 Post By miket156

Thread: More Bear..........

Distinguished Master
    Member #

More Bear..........

Have hunted that Deer Lodge area several times...............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-g...attack-hunters
    Texas Shooter likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Bear spray worked. It stopped the attack. Excellent.

Glad everyone survived.
    JACKTW, JMAG54 and Texas Shooter like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Right Guy, good that it worked out. Me? Just can't see me drawing a can. Might be the right thing, but I just don't have the confidence. I've always packed in the woods, would not go without a large caliber to be honest..............

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    Yes I've bowhunted elk up there once......ONCE. Way to many griz and they just don't care! Every year someone gets mauled up there.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAG54 View Post
    Right Guy, good that it worked out. Me? Just can't see me drawing a can. Might be the right thing, but I just don't have the confidence. I've always packed in the woods, would not go without a large caliber to be honest..............

John, after being bluff charged, I'm of the same mindset. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around spraying a pissed off bear. I do realize bear spray works at times, it's those times it doesn't work that bothers me.

That said, I'm still inclined carrying bear spray in addition to packing firearms in bear country. Just in case of the scenario of a bear on top of you before you can react and cannot use my rifle, I still have a revolver as well as the spray. Being prepared as much as possible is just smart.

Jack
    Texas Shooter, miket156 and JMAG54 like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Deadeye
    Member #
    My wife and I did a kayak trip in Alaska a while back. I asked the guide if he had bear spray. He pulled out a S&W model 629.

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

The only advantage Bear Spray has is if two people are attacked and the bear is on top of one of the people and the other person is free to use the bear spray to give the bear a good dose of it. The only problem with any aerosol can of anything is that the pressure inside the can has a window of effected use. What do you do if the can of Bear Spray you have doesn't have any pressure left in the can when you're under attack?

When I go into the woods, its solo. So, I carry a rifle, my sidearm, my six inch buck knife, and a small paddler's knife around my neck. Most of the times when I go out in the woods, I don't run into any bears. But they have a habit of showing up when you are least expecting it. If you are not prepared, the results can be nasty.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 09-18-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    M700, JMAG54 and JACKTW like this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links